T.W.Σ.N.T.Y Σ.I.G.H.T

⤷Steve's P.O.V 

     Flashback,

     When I was four years old, I learned what weed smells like.

     When I was five, I learned what alcohol tastes like.

     Eight was the first time I got hit.

    Ten was the first time I got drunk.

     I was Ten when I met Soda.

     I was Twelve when I met Dallas.

     Dallas and I have had our ups and downs. At first I didn't like him, but he grew on me. Mostly because, after a long time of talking, I learned we had similar childhoods. Of course he spent some time in New York, and I've only really been around Tulsa.

     We managed to stay friends.

     I remember the first night we REALLY got to know each other. I was about 13 or 14, and we had spent time with the gang at a bar. The gang made our way up onto the roof of bucks, and one by one, as the night went on. Someone from our gang left.

     Until it was just Dallas and I.

     I was finishing off my beer, when we started talking.

     "So," He said slowly sipping his beer, to avoid small talk "Drink much?"

     "Not really." I replied blankly "Call me soft but alcohol isn't really my thing."

     Really huh? The famous Steve Randle," He made sure to pronounce the "R" in Randle nice and long "doesn't like alcohol?"

     "Guess I just never caught on," I felt myself shift under his gaze. It didn't seem judgy, for the first time, in all the time I've known Dallas Winston. His expression was surprised. "I never caught on like my family did."

     I got a simple hmph in return. Followed by more silence.

     "My dad was an alcoholic."

     My head snapped, turning over to him. Dallas kept his vision facing forward. And that's all it took. We just talked. All night. About everything.

     After, I considered Dallas Winston one of my closest friends.

⤷321