F . I . V . Σ

♫why can't I hold on?♫

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                       Sodapop's P.O.V 

     I got home that night thanks to Dallas, he gave me a ride. I guess he just stole a car, which seems a little odd considering he just got out of jail. Everything is a little odd with Dallas. Ponyboy went out with Johnny a few hours ago, and Darry took off to take a shower and then probably to bed. I went up to my room to change into something a little more comfortable, then I came downstairs to do some chores. I took my dad's old walkman and listened to some of his old songs. I love listening to music when doing chores. Gives me motivation.

     I did the dishes, laundry, then I swept, then I dusted. After everything was done, I still felt like there was something to do. I checked the time and it was only 11 o'clock. I ran upstairs and noticed Pony was in our bed, he must have come home while I was cleaning. I needed some fresh air, so I went and grabbed some running shoes and a little backpack to carry some water, my blade, and a sweater if it gets cold. Then I ran downstairs and almost out the door, but not before hearing Darry's roaring voice.

     "Where are you going?"

     I turned around and noticed he was standing at the top of the stairs.

     "Getting some fresh air." Then I left.

     I do my best thinking while walking or running. I started going for late night jogs right after Sandy left, while everyone thought I wouldn't get out of bed out of depression, I really would get up early in the morning to go running and watch the sunrise. I understand Pony's fascination with them now. The more I ran the more my mind would wander, and like usual my thoughts took me where I wasn't supposed to be.

     Steve.

     I knew my feelings for Steve changed, I just couldn't wrap my head around it. A combination of denial and fear would come up every time I thought of him like I wasn't supposed to. Steve's been my best friend since we were little, surely I would've noticed if I liked boys before right?

     I stopped dead in my tracks, I was panting fast, trying to get air into my lungs. The shock of realizing what my feelings for Steve actually were stopped me from moving. The denial wasn't there, but the fear was. Because I finally admit, I have a crush on Steve Randle. 

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                                  488 

edited 2020-08-05