T . H . Я . Σ . Σ

♫the boy I used to know♫

♫but there, is a light♫

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                      Sodapop's P.O.V 

     The walk to Dairy Queen felt pretty short, although it was a few blocks away. This was something I used to do with Sandy before she left, we would go during my break at work and get Dairy Queen burgers. I do miss her, even though it's been almost 2 months. I hope she's happy with her new boyfriend and kid.

     I walked into the restaurant and stood in line right behind two greaser boys, once it was my turn to order I walked up to the counter. The girl at the register was real cute, she had long red hair tied up into a high ponytail and light freckles scattered around her face. Her name tag read courtney. She looked kinda soc like, but not many socs work in fast food.

     "What can I get for you today cutie?" When she said the last part I saw her eyes look me up and down. Girls flirt with me sometimes, none really took my interest like Sandy did, but I try never to be rude.

     "Uh, could I get a number four and number seven?" She took my order then asked,

     "And what would you like to drink with those orders?"

     "Just coke one without ice."

     "Okkk, your total comes to $4.70."

     As she walked away to get the drinks I pulled out my wallet and took out 5 dollars and placed it on the counter. It didn't take long for her to come back with my food in two brown bags.

     "Keep the change." I state, then I left.

     Call me old fashioned, but sex should be between people who love each other, and wanna get married. Sandy and I had planned to do it once we moved in together, I had even bought her a promise ring. But the night I had gone over to give her the ring, she was in bed with someone else. I caught word later that she would be having his baby, and she left town.

     I walked back into the DX and headed to the back to give Steve his food, he was laying under a car when I walked in. I turned off the music to get his attention.

     "That didn't take long." He said walking over opening the backs I had set down.

     His chest was covered in car grease, all sweaty and hot. Damn Steve, if only you knew what that would one day do to me.

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                                  284 

edited 2020-04-27