T.H.I.Я.T.Σ.Σ.N

⤷Soda's P.O.V

   I was sitting at the gas station, working the register. Alone. I haven't spoken to Steve in about a week, he's at school. I miss him, if i'm being totally honest. I wish I had gone after him that night, but I didn't, and I don't even know why. Everyday I think about him, I think about the stupid things we did as kids, and the stupid things we do now. Did, what we did, past tense, because you know, we're not really talking. I don't know if we'll ever talk again. I remember the first time he got mad at me, we were 12.

   Flashback~ After a long day of school, Steve and I decided to walk the long way through the woods to get home. We always have the best conversations when were walking for a long time.

   "Then he went flying into the air, I wish you could've seen it. Gee Soda it was sure somethin' and I even got this action figure, he even has the wings, lasers and everything!"

   "Wow sounds pretty cool Steve, well my dad taught me how to play football this weekend. I'll teach you so you can come and play with us sometime."

   "Yea that sounds cool, do you wanna go to the park and try out the parachute?"

   "Yea lets go! Oh but I have to be home before 5:30 for dinner."

   "Ok this won't take long."

   Once we got to the park Steve ran up on the top balcony next to the slide and I stood at the bottom ready to catch the action figure.

   "Ready?"

   "Yea."

   I put both hands right out ready to catch him, but I didn't. When the action figure hit the ground I heard a loud snap. Steve ran down as fast as he could.

   "Oh no! His wing broke, you were suppose to catch him!"

   "Steve I'm so sorry-"

   "Just go," I felt terrible, "I'm just really upset, so go."

   And I did. A few days later Steve came and told me it was stupid to be mad at his best friend for a little mistake over a toy.

   End Flashback~

   My thoughts ended when I heard the familiar ring of the store open and in walked Steve. Without hesitation he walked right around the counter and into my face.

   "Steve what are you doing?"

   All he did was stare, then his hands came up and cupped my cheeks. His eyes wandered down to my lips, and he leaned in, so did I. When his lips landed on mine I wanted to explode with excitement. Amazing.

  ⤷ 434