S.I.X.T.Σ.Σ.N

⤷Steve's P.O.V 

   For the rest of the day, we looked for Johnny, but no luck. Eventually we gave up and went our separate ways. I felt bad for yelling at Sodapop, he's just really clueless. His parents never really talked to him or Ponyboy about the birds and the bees before they passed. I mean they did "the talk" really late, they gave Darry the talk when he turned 15, I guess they never got around to it with Soda.

   I didn't go home, I just walked. The air was nice and cool, the sun was slowly going down, so it was getting cooler. I probably spent a few hours just walking and being with myself. When I had decided to go home I was pretty far, not on the soc side of town, but deeper into the hood side. The people who live there are like Dally, hard, cold, and mean. I was one of them so I wasn't worried about getting jumped.

   Walking in the front door of the house I was greeted with the warmth and smell of home, and also a gagging sound? I followed the sound to the bathroom where my mom lied with her head deep into the toilet vomiting the contents in her stomach. Next to her was a pretty much empty bottle of vodka. Immediately I bent down to hold her hair back.

   "Steveeeeeee," The vodka was still very present in her breath "Where did yo*hickup*u goo?"

   Not even three seconds after finishing her question, her head went right back into the toilet. My hands still holding back as much clean hair as they could. Maybe after five more minutes of vomiting breathing then more vomiting, it stopped.

   " got fired today," I knew this game, it was the guilt trip "A-and our rent is four days late, a-a-and the electric bills du-"

   "Please, I just want to go to bed and forget this day ever happened." After I helped her get out of the bathroom and onto the couch where she could sleep, I went to my room.

   And cried myself to sleep.

  ⤷362