Seventeen

~Thor's POV~

I was sitting in my room with a huge headache having gotten sober a little while ago and was just laying in bed. I sit up when I hear a knock on the door and tell them they can enter wondering who it is. The door opens to reveal my mother who looks as if she's been crying making me concerned. I get up from my bed and walk over to her when I see her gripping two scrolls close to herself. On closer inspection I see the scrolls have Luna's seal on them and that concerns me more.

"Mother what ales you?" I ask her once I'm close enough.

"Thor, your sister has run away. These were left in her room, one of them is addressed to you" mother says as she hands me the scroll addressed to me. I take the scroll and open it, reading my sisters note to me wondering why she would run away all of a sudden.

"Dear Thor,
Remember how I kissed Steve infront of everyone on Midgard before we left with Loki to come home? I was never able to tell you that I fell in love with Steve and I hope you will be able to accept that. Anyways if you are reading this then I have run away due to father not accepting the fact that I'm in love. He forbid me from seeing Steve and wanted to lock me away, and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle that. I'm really sorry Thor and if we ever see each other again I hope you can forgive me. I love you big brother and please don't blame yourself for me running away because it's not your fault.
Love, Luna'

I grip the paper tightly as tears begin streaming down my face and I feel my mother hug me close to her. I quickly wipe my tears away as I drop the paper, feeling angry at both myself and my father. I am angry at myself for not being there for her and angry at father for the fact that he wanted to punish her. All because she fell in love with someone on Midgard, he didn't react like this when he heard that I loved Jane.

"I initiated a search party and told a guard to inform your father" mother says as she strokes my hair.

"Who is going to tell Loki?" I ask as I calm down.

"You can if you wish. I need to have a talk your father" mother says before she kisses my forehead.

"Yea, I will go tell him" I say as mother stops hugging me.

"Alright, this scroll is for Loki" mother says as she hands it to me.

"I will be sure to give it to him" I say sad mother leaves my room.

I leave my room and head down the many flights of stairs to the dungeon that contains Loki. I continue walking until I get to the cell I'm looking for and I see Loki laying on a mattress that mother must have given him along with a lot of the stuff from his room. Loki looks at me having noticed that I was there and he sits up so he can look at me.

"What do you want Thor?" Loki asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Loki, our sister has run away. She wanted this to be given to you" I say as I hold up the scroll.

"What?! What do you mean our sister has run away?!!" Loki shouts in shock as he stands up.

"It is exactly what it sounds like Loki. Our sister has run away and she explains why in the scroll" I say as I open the barrier long enough to hand him the scroll.

~Loki's POV~

I take the scroll from Thor with a raised eyebrow before I inspect it, seeing Luna's seal let's me in it is from her. I didn't trust what Thor said was true so hopefully this scroll will shine some light on everything for me, especially since all I know is that Luna had a bad feeling before all this happened. I slowly open it and begin reading over what my sister has to say to me. I see that the writing is a little shaky meaning that Luna was trying not to cry when she wrote this.

'Dear Loki,
It's time you knew what happened, I fell in love while on Midgard and I really truly do love him. Father found out and was not happy, he forbid me from going back to Midgard to see him. If you hadn't guessed from me kissing him infront of everyone before we left Midgard then I will tell you. I am in love with Captain America and I hope you can accept that. The true reason I ran away was because father said he would lock me away just for being in love. Anyways I just want you to know that I still love you Loki and please don't blame yourself. Your not the reason that I am leaving, I just wish I could have talked to you about this in person before I left. I hope to see you again one day Loki, hopefully when your not behind bars and when I'm not going to be locked away on sight.
Love, Luna'

I slowly look up from the scroll to Thor who has a look of sadness on his face and that's all I need to know that this is true. I drop to my knees and stare at the scroll again, feeling a mix of sadness and anger.

"Loki-" Thor begins to say but I cut him off.

"Just go, I want to be alone" I say as I look at the scroll again.

"Alright" I hear Thor says before he walks away.

I stay where I am, reading over the scroll again for the second time, wondering if I missed anything. I can't believe Odin would do this to Luna, all because she fell in love like any other woman does. Last I checked Odin didn't get this made when Thor fell for that mortal girl, what was her name again? Well that's not important at the moment, what important is finding Luna. If only I could leave this cell, then I could leave and find my sister and maybe talk some sense into her. But I can't because I am a criminal in the eyes of Asgard and Midgard.

~Luna's POV~

I look back at the palace as I speed away in the hover boat that I took, knowing they are probably looking for me by now. I sigh to myself and look forward knowing that if I dwell on what has happened then I will chicken out of what I'm about to do. I had already cast an incantation to shield myself from Himedals view, all I need to do is get through the bifrost. Then I can get to Midgard and maybe stay with Steve wherever he is staying, maybe I could help protect Midgard too. Though I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet, for all I know I could get caught before I am able to leave.

With that in mind I speed up the hover boat as I head towards the mountains, pushing the hover boat to full acceleration. I will leave here and never look back since there is almost nothing left here that will make me stay.

~Thor's POV~

I walk out to the balcony of the palace and see the people of Asgard walking around tending to their normal business. The guards on either side of me call for their attention making them look at me. I take a deep breath through my nose, planning on telling them the full truth of what has happened.

"People of Asgard! I am not the one who deserves your praise for defeating Loki, for it is my sister who got through to him. My sister, your Princess, is the one who reasoned with Loki. And with that being said I have disturbing news, my sister has run away because my father did not accept the fact that she fell in love with a Midgardian man" I say and my people gasp in shock when they hear that Father would do that to Luna.

"There is a search for my sister happening as we speak and if you have any information regarding the whereabouts of my sister please do not hesitate to tell me. That is all" I say before I walk back into the palace.

I already have a pretty good idea of where my sister is headed, let's just hope we find her before that happens.