CHAPTER 22: Let's Go Get'em!

EVANGELINE

Rudolph Balk. The very man I thought I would never have to worry about hearing about or seeing ever again in my life. 

Right after his name came out of my mouth, I felt like throwing up. A rush of emotions from when that had happened began popping up in the back of my head. I excused myself and headed into the room. 

I began pacing back and forth in the room by the window trying to calm myself down and try to remind myself that everything was going to be okay. This guy will not hurt me.

I've been focused on trying to calm myself down that it's not until I hear the bedroom door shut. I stop and look to see it's Jon. 

"Evangeline, I know how you must feel right now." He begins.

"No you don't." I snap at him not meaning to. "You have no idea what that disgusting pig tried making me do. So many people tell me that I'm lucky I got away and don't get me wrong, I know that I'm very lucky and that things could have turned out far worse than they did but, I just...." I stopped myself as I felt like I was getting ready to break down and cry. 

"Baby I promise you that I will get him." Jon starts to assure me. 

"Why is this happening?" I can no longer stop myself from crying as I lean back against the wall and begin sliding down onto the floor placing my face in my palms.

He walks over and sits down next to me, holding me in his arms. 

"I'm so sorry Eva." He begins. "This is all my fault." 

"Why would you think that? It isn't." I try to assure him. 

"It is. If I had never met you and got you involved in all of this, none of this would have happened." 

"It isn't your fault that this is happening. I'm just scared." I confess. 

"Don't be. Because you and I have each other and nobody's going to hurt you while I'm still here." He tells me. 

I nod my head in agreement as we look into each other's eyes for a moment holding each other's face. 

"I love you." I hear him say under his breath. 

"I love you too." 

We both start kissing each other and stay in the room for a little while longer before we head back downstairs and join everyone again. 

My dad's friend looks at me as does everyone else looking concerned. Okay, now I feel nervous again. 

"What?" I asked. 

My dad's friend, Zed, looks at me with a sympathetic look. 

"Evangeline, it's your father. Rudolph has caught him." He says. 

I'm not sure why but I'm not sad or anything like that. Surprisingly, I feel more pissed off as I start thinking for a minute. 

"Alright. Let's go get my father." I say. 

Everyone looks at me as though I'm not only crazy but as if I just grew an extra eyeball on my face or something. 

"Eva, it's really dangerous." Jon tries to explain to me. 

"I don't care. We need to get him back and far as I'm concerned your agency is gone and you need people to help you. So, let's figure out a plan." I say. 

Zed and Jon both look at each other not sure if I have hit my head or if i'm just delusional or not. Which I don't blame them because I'm not even sure I know what I'm saying myself. However, I do know that my father is in trouble and he has been out most of my life and I'm not letting that happen again. Not while I can do something about it. 

"Evangeline, this isn't like the movies or anything." Payton says. 

"I know that. But I also know that you all agreed you'd help. Now, I don't blame you if you don't want to come with me but I do know that I'm going to help my father. I will NOT lose him again." I say while fighting back tears. 

Everyone looks at one another and then back at me. 

"Okay, but we don't have much time and you guys need to learn some stuff." Zed begins to explain. 

"Good, we'll start tomorrow morning." I announce to everyone. "Teach us everything we need to know and make sure we have a plan by morning." I tell him. 

"Of course." Zed replies while still in shock. 

"Alright. I'm hungry, are you guys hungry? Let's eat something." I say to everyone as I make my way towards the kitchen while trying to catch my breath from the nervousness I'm feeling right now for ever even suggesting what I just did in what we should do. This might even be suicide but all I know is that since I know the truth in why my father had left, I know that I can't just leave him where he's at. 

I'd rather die trying to save him than to let him die knowing I could have done something but didn't. Besides, I'm a quick learner, so whatever Jon and them can teach me, I'm sure I can catch on really quick......At least I hope. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)