CHAPTER 12: This Won't End Well

JON

I have felt really bad after she sent me the last text in thinking that Wendi and I were together. She's not answering anymore of my texts and I heard from Joseph that Payton wanted to have a barbecue over at her beach house tonight and I thought that would be the perfect time for me to introduce Wendi to her but she told me not to worry and that she would take care of everything. 

I'm not sure what she meant but before I had any time to protest, we hear Mick coming up the stairs calling out for us to hurry up. 

So we make our way downstairs and start heading over next door. I really hoped that Evangeline would let me explain. 

Once we got inside, I soon figured out what Wendi meant when she said she would take care of everything. After introducing herself to Evangeline and being convincing that she was my cousin, I felt a sense of relief. Then Wendi and Mick headed out back leaving me and Evangeline alone and I'm not sure why, but I felt just as nervous as if I was getting ready to propose or something. 

"Can we talk?" I asked her. 

Thankfully she nodded her head 'yes' and went with me for a walk outside along the beach. We walked for a little bit before one of us broke the awkward silence. 

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" She asks me. 

"Well, I wanted to tell you that I never ditched you. My intentions really were at first to go and get you some breakfast to bring back and then us go out for the day. But then I got a call from my cousin and she told me she was in town. I haven't seen her in years and I know should have told you but I don't know. I guess I thought that maybe if I introduced you both you wouldn't jump to conclusions and think the wrong thing. But I guess I was wrong." I laughed. 

I hear her chuckle at that too. 

"Well, I'm sorry that I didn't believe you and accused you of not telling me the truth." She tells me. 

"It's okay. I would probably have reacted the same way. I'm just sorry you ever thought that." I begin telling her until we stop walking and I have her look at me and cup the side of her face while looking into her eyes. "I wan't you to understand something though and I know this might sound like it's too soon but I really don't think of you as a Summer fling and I mean it when I told you before that I'm really interested in you and want to see where this goes." I try to assure her. 

I see her begin to smile and blush a little bit. Then she looks down and shakes her head before looking back at me. 

"If you're really serious about what you're telling me, then promise me something." She begins. 

"Anything." I smile. 

"Promise me you'll never lie, cheat or hurt me." She says with plead in her eyes. 

I really won't do any of that to her, however, part of my job description is that I can't tell anyone what I really do. So now I'm worried seeing as to how I would have to lie to her. For now, until I can figure out how to tell her, I'm just going to tell her. 

"I promise." I smile. 

We then begin kissing each other, wrapping our arms around one another. 

"Get a room!" Payton and Wendi both yell out from the deck. 

We both look at them and start to laugh. 

"Don't be jealous!" I yell back. 

Her and I start heading back walking hand-in-hand. 

************************************************************

For the next few weeks, things were going great with me and Evangeline as well as with everyone else. Including Mick and Wendi, they look really good together as does Joseph and Payton. It's funny how all of this Summer vacation has gone so far. I've also been trying to find the flash drive and can't find it anywhere. 

Today, both me and Wendi were called by our boss to meet her at that abandoned place I met her up at before. 

When we arrived, we got out and headed inside but we didn't see her. Wendi and I both pulled out our guns and began cautiously looking around the place until I heard Wendi call out my name from the other end of the place. 

I ran over to her and she was staring down on the ground and laying there dead, was our boss. What the hell? I kneel down beside her lifeless bloodied body and right away thought about nothing but getting back to Evangeline. So Wendi and I both ran to the car and sped back towards the beach house. 

This wasn't the way I wanted to tell Evangeline about what's going on but now I will have no choice. I just hope she understands that I really do like her and have since the beginning, before I even knew that I was supposed to get information from her. 

The moment we pull up into the driveway, I quickly put the car into park and don't even take the keys as I bolt out of the passenger car door and both Wendi and I run inside the house and come to a complete stop when we notice Evangeline is being held at gunpoint by some guy as Payton, Joseph and all of my friends are all tied with their hands behind their backs to a chair as they're sitting next to each other in a row along with their mouths duck taped. 

"Hello Jon." A guy in a suit comes walking out with his slicked back hair. 

He looked like your typical villain in a movie and had a five 'o' clock shadow and was medium build. 

"Maverick." I said. Shit, this isn't going to end well. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :);)

Things are about to get interesting within the next chapter!