CHAPTER 26: The Past.....

JON

After watching Wendi bring Evangeline in the room with a gun pointed at her, I was livid. That fucking cunt betrayed me. I swear that when I get out of these ties I'm going to kill her without hesitation.

"Now you listen to me. If you ever want to see your father, boyfriend, or any of these other people alive, then you will do exactly as I tell you and behave, or else." Rudolph threatens Evangeline.

I notice her fighting back tears as she looks over at me right after duct tape was put over my mouth as everyone else that is now tied down to chairs has done to them also. She looks as though she's about to vomit and my heart breaks the moment I see her close her eyes briefly and watch a tear fall down her face.

"Okay." I hear her agree with so much disgust in her voice.

I try struggling and yelling through this damn duct tape but to no prevail. Instead, he grins at her some more and then has Wendi take her in the back room. But before she takes her in the back, he says something to Wendi.

"Oh and Wendi? It's great to have you aboard. Good job at delivering." He winks at her and right now all I want to do is shoot them both.

Wendi smirks at me before heading off into the other room and closing the door behind them. Rudolph then turns and looks at me.

"Now, as for you." He begins. "I want that flash drive and I know that you have it." He says.

I just glare at him and then I see him pull up a chair and take a seat in front of me while his guys continue pointing their guns at all of us. Rudolph then gestures with his head to the guy standing next to me to rip off the duct tape from my mouth, which the guy does and I swear that I would rather have waxing done than to feel that pain ever again, it felt like some skin might have come off too.

"I don't have your fucking flash drive." I tell him.

"Really? Do you think you're in the position to lie to me?" He asks.

"I'm not afraid of you and never have been. You're nothing but scum and just a criminal in a suit that lives a lifestyle paid by blood money. You're nothing more than a monster if not the devil himself." I spit at him.

"Is that so? You're very brave to talk to me in that way and not have a bullet in your head already. However, we both know what you are really capable of. In fact, you're not so innocent yourself." He grins.

I glare at him more and give him a look to not say anything about my past before I joined the agency. Then again, he is a criminal. He smiles as he looks around at everyone and then back at me as he asks one of his guys to have Wendi bring out Evangeline again because she needed to hear what was about to be said.

So one of his men goes and gets them both and Wendi roughly sits her down onto a chair and has both her hands tied with a zip tie in front of her and holds her down on the shoulder.

"Please." I begin to beg him. "Don't." I shake my head.

Meanwhile, I can feel holes burning through the side of my face as I can tell my friends and them were looking at me confused.

"Now that I have everyone here, would you all like to know about your little James Bond Jr. here?" Rudolph began as I continue glaring him down. "He wasn't always working for the right people. In fact, he used to work for me. Then you stole something very precious from me and then thought you'd be protected by your secret agency. You can play a spy all you want to nad say you have always done it for the good. But we both know differently." He smirks.

I close my eyes and shake my head in disbelief that this was really happening and that right when I thought my past could stay in the past, it doesn't. I look at my friends and see a confused look and disappointment. I then look over at Evangeline who's looking at me shocked and I notice her eyes beginning to fill up with tears.

"I'm sorry." I tell her.

"Why don't you tell everyone just how you got the skills you did." He chuckles.

I glare at him all while still trying to break free from the rope my hands are tied behind my back with.

"There's not much to tell. I was young and naive and stupid enough to believe anything you had to say. You trained me to kill before I ever found the agency. Then one day, I found a flash drive that had all these documents that were clearly classified through the governments from all around the world and what their plans were and I wanted no part of that, so I left. Then discovered an agency that took down people like you and I knew that my skills would help for the good, so I joined." I finish with the feeling of both regret and yet, pride for using my knowledge from him to bring to the agency and use it for good.

I know all my friends must have been disappointed in me as well as Evangeline. How could she ever want anything to do with me after this? Or my friends even? I had always kept from them the time I worked for Rudolph and then them recently finding about the agency and me being a spy, which now their lives are in danger because of it, I may just be better off alone. And I guess that I deserve that.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)