CHAPTER 30: There's Only One Way To Find Out

JON

It's been three months since I last saw Evangeline. I had stayed in contact with Joseph, all my friends and even Payton. 

Of course, I have been asking about Evangeline every time I have seen them and I'm sure that Payton is getting really tired of it. Although at the same time, she has been telling me that Evangeline has not been feeling too good neither since I have left. Which I feel really bad for. I never meant to  really leave her and I do regret it since that day but I know there's no chance of her ever being with me. I've put her through so much and to be honest, I'm surprised that my friends still wanted to be my friends after all they went through because of me. 

Today, Joseph and Payton were stopping by because they wanted to tell me something in which I'm thinking it's either they're getting married or she's pregnant. 

I hear a knock on my door and I get up to answer it and see that it's Payton and Joseph. We greet each other with smiles and hugs before sitting down on the couch. 

"So, how are you doing?" Joseph asks me. 

"I'm doing alright." I tell them.

"How's it feel to have your own business? Your own gym?" He asks. 

"It feels good." I smirk. 

"You know you could always call her." Payton tells me for the thousandth time. 

"So, what is it you guys wanted to talk to me about?" I asked them, changing the subject. 

"Well...." Joseph began and then looked at Payton who was smiling at him. 

"We're going to have a baby and are getting married." Payton smiles. 

"Oh my god, congratulations!" I tell them with genuine excitement and happiness. 

We all get up and hug each other. 

"Thank you." Joseph chuckles before we sit back down across from each other. 

"So, when's the wedding and when are you due?" I ask. 

"Well, I'm only three weeks pregnant and we want to get married before the baby is born so we're wanting to have the wedding three months from now." Payton tells me. 

"Wow, that's fast." 

"Yeah, we just figured it would be less stressful that way and plus, I wanted to get married before we had a baby." She explains. 

"Damn." I say. 

"So, we're also here to give you a couple of things." Joseph began while Payton took two envelopes from her purse and handed them both to me. 

I opened them up and each was an invitation to a baby shower that is also celebrating their engagement as well and then the wedding date. 

"Thanks." I tell them. 

"You're welcome." Joseph says. 

"You better be there too." Payton tells me. 

"I will, I promise." I chuckle. 

"Good." She smiles. 

We hang out for a few moments later before they left and no matter I will show up at the party, but what I'm more worried about right now is seeing Evangeline. I really hope that she'll still show up even though I'll be there. 

************************************************************************************

                                          ~2 months later~

EVANGELINE

I had just finished up with my last client in the salon and Payton was wrapping up, putting the money from the cash drawer in the safe away in the office. 

She then came walking out while I grabbed some dinner that was delivered a few minutes ago from the delivery guy and we sat down next to each other at our stations, facing each other while grabbing a slice of pizza. 

"I am starving." She tells me. 

"I bet." I chuckled. 

Payton told me that her and Joseph were going to have a baby and going to get married. I was really happy for them and excited as well. However, I have been trying not think about the fact that I'll be seeing Jon again and I'm really nervous. 

"So, the baby shower/engagement party is coming up soon." Payton brings up before taking a bite from her slice. 

"Yeah, I know. I'm trying to still figure out in what to get you both." I smile at her. 

"Oh yeah, Joseph and I talked about that." She says as she takes a drink from her water bottle. 

"What?" I ask. 

"You and Jon could both grow the hell up, apologize to each other, realize you both belong together and have some great make up sex. So that way, you both can stop moping around and telling yourselves that you both have moved on and blah, blah, blah." She says as she takes a huge bite from her slice of pizza. 

"He's still upset?" I asked her. 

"Really?" She looks at me as if I was seriously asking her that question when I know the answer already. 

"Stop looking at me like that." I tell her. 

"Listen, I love you but, seriously, it's getting annoying." She tells me. She then gets up and starts walking towards the bathroom. "I'll be right back."

While she's in the bathroom, I start thinking about how she's right. Maybe him and I should talk to each other and see if there's anything left between us enough to be together again or not. I just fear that maybe her and Joseph have been just telling me that he's miserable when the truth is that he's not and they're just wanting us to get back together. I don't wan't to have hope only to find out that he really has moved on and doesn't wan't me anymore. 

I guess there's only one way to find out for sure, right?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :);)