28

The first thing I did when I got back, was go into Luke's closet. I found his acoustic guitar and stared at it. Luke had tried to teach me to play guitar before, but I'd not completely got the hang of it, but I guess I wasn't too bad.

So, I got out a guitar book and started learning.

I'd started at 12 and finished at 2am. Yeah, crazy I know. I played till my fingertips literally started bleeding. I got up and washed the blood away, my fingers stinging. "Holly, you okay? You've been in there for ages." Michael opened the door to Luke's room. "What's happened to your...?" he looked slightly worried. I shrugged, "I've been, playing guitar," I muttered.

"All this time? Wow. Learnt anything?" he asked me. I nodded. "Cool, I'll uh, leave you to it. As long as you're alright." And he left.

The next day, I visited Luke again. "Oh, here are Luke's belongings, by the way. The stuff he was found with," the nurse told me, before handing me a box.

"Thank you," I replied, and she smiled.

I sat down on the chair next to his bed, and sifted through the box. His clothes were folded up at the bottom, and there was a small black box. It was the engagement ring. He'd had it resized, the receipt was in the box. I took it out and tried it on- it fit me perfectly. "Oh my god," I said, tears streaming down my face. "Luke, I.. you can't even hear me. I, I'm sorry." I put my head on his shoulder and cried really hard. "I just miss you."

I sat there for hours, just watching him breathing. He was so perfect and beautiful, in that moment. It was strange to think that he was currently fighting for his life.