Chapter 21: Kyra

I take the trolley to Shane's house. The trollies are one of those things about San Francisco that makes you fall in love with this city. Makes you wanna stay forever, I know I wanna stay here forever.

I look at the paper with the address on it and find a condo with the same address.

I hop off the trolley and carefully make my way.

I knock on the door to find a simple woman open the door.

I read her lips. You must be Kyra, they say.

"Yes. Are you Mrs. Hart?"

Yes, Ms. Hart actually, her lips respond. She gently leads me into the house.

Her lips say that Shane was right.

"Right about what, Ma'am?"

Her lips say I have the same Ethereal look as this singer she loves, in a band called Fleetwood Mac.

"She's my fashion icon. And I listen to her music a lot. She's a great songwriter."

But how can you hear her? I'm sorry, but Shane said you can't hear, her lips respond.

"He's right. I am deaf, but I just feel the vibrations and I look at her lyrics a lot."

Ms. Hart smiles warmly at me. Suddenly, a beast jumps on me, and my bag soars, with everything inside flying out.

"Who's this!?" I giggle.

Ms. Hart's lips spell out a name, Rhiannon.

After the song!

I go pick up my stuff. Ms. Hart holds up my little book.

What is this book, her lips ask.

"It's my writing book, I write ideas for stories in it."

She smiles and leads me into a room, and there he is, Shane.