Chapter 26: Kyra

Everyday Anna keeps practicing and practicing to get the dance right. We've watched some videos of the Sugar Plum Fairy dance and I compare Anna's dancing to the dancer in the video. So far, she's kicking ass. I've finally finished the story and I'm so happy about it! I feel like I've finally found a place where I belong, but at the same time, something's missing. It's like my life is a puzzle and there's a lost piece out there that could complete my puzzle.

I'm with Anna at the local studio, she's giving me a sneak peak of her dance. She really is an amazing ballerina! I remember looking at the lyrics to this song by this flamboyant old time British Elton guy, and I keep thinking of the lyrics as I watch Anna dance.

She then stumbles a bit, I see her stomp her foot on the ground.

"Hey, you were doing really well. Don't give up." I say. Her face is now the same as her hair.

She says she knows but she's freaking out. Dance is her life. I can't imagine being pulled out of Creative Writing, writers are different. Writers aren't always noticed, and they aren't competitors. Dancers are the competitors in the Arts Cycle.

She says that maybe she should just quit now.

"You listen to me, when my ancestors came here during the Gold Rush, they thought they would get rich easily, but no, they didn't. They had to work their asses off to get what they wanted. And in the end, they found their gold. Don't you dare give up on finding your gold. Work your ass off, cause it'll be worth fighting your dream."

She hugs me and says I'm the best best friend anyone could ask for. And she's the best best friend I could ask for.