Chapter 25: Anna

"Miss Jenkins, we need to talk," Ms. Marcus pulls me aside as all the other dancers are heading out of class.

I feel like there's a hole in my stomach, I'm nervous.What did I do.

"Am I in trouble Ma'am?" I ask.

"Please sit down," is her response. I'm in trouble.

"Miss Jenkins, you are a very talented dancer, really you are. But I cannot take you seriously because of your zany persona." I feel like I'm going to pass out.

"Please Ms. ..."

"Let me finish. I'm afraid that if you can't make me take you seriously, I will have to ask you to drop out of the dance conservatory." My heart skips several beats. Dancing is my life! I can't risk losing my life!

"Ms. Marcus, please! I'll do anything to make you accept me! Please, what can I do?!" I cry.

She purses her lips.

"Alright, if you're willing to do anything to prove your loyalty to this class, I want you to preform the dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker." What?! That's a hard dance!

"I'll give you a month to prepare, and I'll see if it moves me. Do we have a deal?" she holds her long hand out. Come on, Anna! Your life is on the line!

"Yes." I shake her hand. I get up and run into the girls bathroom. I sit in a stall and begin to sob.

A knock jolts me.

"Anna, please open up." a voice appears.

I slowly open the door and there's Kyra.

"Hi." I sob.

She enters the stall and locks the door.

"Are you alright?" she asks.

"No! My life is on the line!" I wail. Her stone eyes are wide with surprise.

"What happened?" she sooths me.

"Ms. Marcus wants to kick me out of the dance conservatory! She doesn't take me seriously! She wants me to preform this hard dance we haven't really worked on in a month or I'm out!" I sob.

Kyra embraces me.

"It's okay. You know what you're going to do?" she says.

I shake my head.

"Practice everyday. Practice makes perfect. And she'll have to accept you, dancing is your life. So show her that it's your life" she smiles. She's right. She's always right!

I hug her.

"Thank you for being my friend." I whisper.