Chapter 33: Kyra

Today's the day my life is going to change forever. Today is the last day I'm going to be living in silence. I'm happy I'm finally going to hear and not live in my former world of silence, but a small part of me is going to miss my former world of silence. It's how I grew up, even if I never thought of myself living in a world like that. I look forward for my future, for finally hearing how amazing the Witch Gypsy Queen of Rock sounds when her ethereal voice chants to valuable life lessons and personal stories. But most importantly, I'll hear Shane's song, Anna's zany comments, Mom's gentle voice, and everyone I never believed I'd hear in my life.

I slip into a gown and lay in the bed at the hospital. Everyone's here. Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, Ryan and the Gang, Ms. Sayers, Anna, but most importantly, Shane.

He sits on the side of the bed and his hand caresses my face.

I read his lips as they say he's so proud to have entered my life, that if he hadn't, he never would have been the man his dad knew he could become.

"I'm proud too. You gave me the reason to let go of my silent little world." I croak.

I see the nurses come and inject the IV inside of my porcelain arm. Anna bends down and hugs me. I feel the vibrations of her sobbing on my cheek.

Ms. Sayers pulls Anna away and gently hugs her as I roll away into a rayless state.

Goodbye world of silence. In some strange way, you will be missed. But you are no longer welcome.