Chapter 24: Shane

How did Kyra know I said I loved her?! She's deaf, she couldn't have heard me! But I'm glad she kissed me and she loves me back. She isn't like those eom goth psychos from the poetry department I used to date, she's mature, she's smart, she's talented.

I hear a noise from my phone and check my email. Kyra emailed me!

She said,

Hi,

I guess you may be shocked about what happened. I'll be very honest, I'm not deaf as in stone deaf, I lost 90% hearing when I was 2 in a half, so I feel vibrations and when I sorta "hear" it's like I'm in the deep depths of the ocean. And about the kiss, I just really like you and hope we can continue going out. I felt your lips say you love me on my neck, so that's how I know.

I hope I didn't shock you. I really do like you. You're like one of the first guys in high school to notice me.

Kyra.

Oh Kyra.

I email her back.

Hey,

I had no idea. I didn't realize you could feel vibrations and all. I was surprised about the kiss, but not "pissed" surprised. I'd like to keep hanging out with you, you and Anna and Ryan and his crew, you've been making forget my anger at the school slowly. And who wouldn't wanna notice you? You deserve to be noticed. Any guy who would notice you in the first place is one lucky bastard.

Shane.

A few hours later, I get an email from Kyra.

I guess that makes you one lucky bastard! ;)

Bye Lucky Bastard, see you tomorrow.

Kyra.