Chapter 27: Shane

I've been writing a song, a song for Kyra. I started writing it an hour ago, and now I'm finished with her song. I'm sad she may not be able to fully hear it, but she does have 10% of her hearing left, maybe she may sorta "hear" it. Ah, who am I kidding?

A knock jolts me.

"Shane, Kyra's here." My mom calls from the door.

"Thanks Mom." I smile at her. Her eyes slightly water, not out of sadness, but I think out of happiness that we've been working on our relationship.

My mom walks away and in walks the beauty I love gazing at.

"Hi." She breathes, pecking her sensual lips against my cheek.

"Hey you." I respond. I pull her closer and our lips meet. They begin to move in perfect harmony.

My tongue pushes against her lips and they open up for me.

She then breaks the kiss and breathes heavily.

"I'm sorry, that was too fast." I breathe.

"No, I liked it a lot." She grins at me. I tenderly peck her nose and embrace her.

"Hey, I've written you a song. It's called The Lace in my Life." I start to play my guitar.

Kyra's smile disappears.

Oh shit! I'm such an idiot.

"Kyra, I'm sorry."

"I know. I'm not mad at you."

We sit in the room for a while, the only sound in the room is stillness.

"I have to go. I'm sorry." Kyra walks away. I run after her.

"Please don't hate me. You mean a lot to me." I breathe.

She kisses me.

"It's not you, Shane, it's me. You just gave me a huge hint for my puzzle."

She leaves my house. What does she mean by puzzle?