Chapter 23: Kyra

I'll be honest, I am deaf, but the truth is, I'm not like stone deaf that I can't hear a thing, I only have 90% hearing loss in both of my ears, so when I kind of "hear" something, it sounds like buckets of water are in my ears, or like I'm in the deep depths of the Pacific. I sorta "heard" Shane say he loves me. I felt the vibrations of his voices on my neck.

I pull out my notebook and show it to Shane.

I read his lips, he asks what I use the book for.

"It's my writing journal. I write ideas for stories in here." I respond

His lips ask if there's anything I'm currently writing at the moment.

"I've thought of the idea of writing a story based on us. Like three kids in a school of the arts who are outcasts." His russet eyes widen.

He says he like the idea, and that during the middle of the school year, there's always a writing contest, and whoever writes the best story wins an award.

"That sounds awesome. I think I may enter that." I say.

He smiles at me and his lips say he bets I'll win.

I smile at him.

"I've gotta get going, my grandparents are coming over tonight." I say.

He lifts me off the bed and leads me to the front door.

Then my lips peck his. He looks at me as if he got a brand new guitar from the guy on American Idol.

"I love you too." I say as I exit the house.

As I catch a trolley, I pull out my phone and email Anna,

Hi, got some news. Can't tell you the whole story, but I kissed Shane.

Love you,

Kyra.