Chapter Twenty-five.5: Walk

This isn't really vital to the story, just a nice walk/run with Shouto and Sora and some shenanagins~ SKIP IF YOU WISH!!!! (but dese bebes r adorabables so appreciate dem baabies...)

As we exited the hospital, we decided to head to the nearby park. We hadn't really had the time for sightseeing, with all the close encounters with death, ya know the usual, so why not do it now?

As we walked I noticed the way Shouto walked, similar to mine, wasting no moves, he looked graceful. However his strides did seem to be smaller than mine. So I found myself slowing down to match his pace, albeit rather little, but it was nice to slow down, especially since the running shorts were basically opening the cuts on my legs.

We got to chatting and usual swing of things. Small talk, nothing much but it was fun, I had to admit.

We stopped by an ice cream shop since I was craving something sweet. I got strawberry and, expectedly, Shouto got matcha. We ate our ice cream and chatted more, beginning to notice the abundance of trees as we neared the park. At the entrance, the soft chirps of cicadas were signalling the beginning of summer, a time I usually dreaded but somehow that didn't bother me right now.

As we rounded a small bend, we discarded the paper ice cream cone holder and I did a quick stretch while walking before becoming unable to resist the downwards slope and dashing down the path. The wind in my hair felt great and my legs felt less stiff, aching hut less stiff. I hopped over tree roots and bounded off of benches, feeling better already.

I decided to slow down to wait for Shouto when I realized a blur flashing past me.

A grin popped on my face. "Bring it~" I ran after the male.

He ran strictly along the path while I took every opportunity to hop over logs and boulders. I managed to pass him at the stairs by slipping down the handrails and leaping off to give me more of a boost.

As he caught up, I dashed off again. I wasn't good with dullness. I could never hold up for a long distance marathon but in sprinting and free running, I was unbeatable.

So long story short we were side by side running down a street opposite the hospital when the booming sound of Iida echoed through the neighborhood. Needless to say we were scolded pretty badly by the class rep.