Chapter Seventeen: Not You

"You there, you are Elemental's son right?" He commanded though he couldn't hide the surprise in his gruff voice.

"Well well, to what do I owe the pleasure, Endeavor?" My fingers clenched around my drink bottle as I leaned against the metal machine, trying to keep my nonchalant facade. I hated this man. He reminded me of my father, both with all the rumours I've heard of him and the way he's talking right now. Both of them are pathetically tied at second place too.

"It was mere coincidence. But since I'm here, you will stay out of my prodigy's way." Oh how I hated him. He began to lumber away. My knuckles were white. "Sorry to disappoint old guy, but I don't plan on leaving any time soon." He turned around, not even attempting to hide his scowl as his flaming beard flared.

"My son should not have to deal with an illegitimate child like you." This bastard seriously just said that. Its fair game now. "Well, if you have to stoop so low to insult me, you must really feel threaten, huh~?" I stepped closer, a grin plastered on my face. "I'm not in your son's way, if you can even call him that. We both just happen to have something in common." I smiled wider.

"And what could that be, Mongrel?" He growled. "We both have dickbags for fathers who can't stop using their children to get their way just because they can't beat the competition~" His face twitched as he tried to regain a more neutral expression.

"I will make sure my son destroys you thoroughly, you are weak compared to your father, he will surpass All Might." I snicker, empty threats, my battle is won.

"I'm not my father." He tried to give a reply but I cut him off. "Obvious right? Shouto is not you either." He huffed loudly behind me.

I walked down the hall, leaving the bastard with, "I hope you realize that." I wish I could've punched his lights out but this fight would have to continue another day. The fight before mine was already going on and I had to get ready.

________________________________

"DARK SHADOW!" Tokoyami called out and like a faithful dog, the self aware purple void appeared from behind the crow like male.

"Dark shadow, huh?" I muttered, dodging a lunge by the bird shaped figure. "Time to brighten up your day!" I hopped onto the recovering shadow and beams of light emmitted from my hands. I had been playing around with my quirk combinations the past few weeks and decided to test out NY new combination. My fire quirk when reflected perfectly off air particles would form rays of pure, golden light.

Seems my plan worked since dark shadow let out a strangled whimper and shrunk to less than a tenth of his original size.

Tokoyami grit his teeth but raise his hand, admitting defeat.

I won the first round, now to face off against Ashido.

I shook hands with Tokoyami and we both headed to the stands to continue watching the later matches.

After finally reaching the stands, I managed to catch the last few moments of Kirishima's and that metal-head from 1B's match. It was pretty funny to say the least.

As I moved to a seat, I brush past Bakugou who I immediately decided to annoy my ruffling his hair and giving him words of encouragement. He sent a glare before shouting, "I DON'T NEED LUCK, I'M GONNA WIN THIS! JUST WATCH!" With that, he stormed off and did indeed win against Ochaco who put up a good fight. I like to think I somewhat helped him~

So we transitioned into the second round.

Nothing really happened, but Todoroki seemed to be failing against Midoriya?

He wasn't right, but why? He waa the same when he fought against Sero. What could have-? His father. Of course, his father must have done something. If he talked to me, he must have talked to Midoriya too. Then did Todoroki overhear us? Not to mention all that happened before the festival. His head is a mess.

"You intend to win with just half your power!?" Midoriya screamed which seemed to strike a chord with Todoroki.

Before I knew what I was doing, I leaned over the barrier and yelled. "ITS YOUR POWER ISN'T IT?!" I smirked as he twitched. "ya numbskull~" I muttered with a small grin.

Orange.

The stadium lit up in an auburn gold. My grin grew wider as I slumped back into my seat. Todoroki is using his powers.

The stadium air grew dense as the fight got more and more intense, Midoriya and Todoroki basically fighting hand to hand now. It was an extremely close match but with the final blow ahead, it was obvious who would win.

Todoroki stood alone on the battleground, Midoriya blown out of bounds and unconscious.

I decided to get ready for my match, after Ashido, it'd be Bakugou or Kirishima. My money was on Bakugou, not because Kirishima was weak but aside from his hardening skill, he would be blown out of bounds by Bakugou pretty easily.

As I walked past the route to the stadium I overheard a particular conversation. "It was just, in that one moment, I forgot about you." I didn't even need to look to tell who he was talking to. "Whether that was good or bad... I still don't know..." I heard footsteps and decided it was time to leave. 'Why do I feel proud?'

So I went to the prep room to do some stretches before my match.

The door opened behind me.

"Well, well, if it isn't Mr Icyhot himself~" I snickered to myself, not really expecting a response from the guy who had been outright avoiding me the past weeks. "Thank you." I had to admit, that caught me by surprise.

"For encouraging me back there." He looked down, he had his hands behind his back. "Aw, that's cute, well if that's all-" he shifted in front of me before I could move.

"You declared war on me, I haven't answered." His face was so stoic. "So this is your answer?" I grinned, holding up the blue crane he had been holding behind his back. He nodded, wiping the shock off his face. "Well then, I'll be claiming this when I win." I smirk at him, placing the crane back into his hand.

"Don't count on it." He muttered. I could hear the slight smile in his voice.

This is going to be more interesting than I thought.