Chapter Four

M'Baku sees Kimaya and walks over. He gently placed the cloth covered item in her hands and she blinks.

"What—"

"Open it."

She unwraps the item before blinking. They're coconut drops. She eats one before moaning and M'Baku grins, kissing her cheek.

"Is this a thank you for last night?" She asks the man who's now leaning/sitting on the windowsill. He pulls her between his legs and gently jiggles her butt.

"Yes and partially the beginning of my courtship."

"Oh."

"You sound disappointed."

"Honestly speaking M'Baku: are you serious about the whole mine thing?"

"Yes."

Kimaya eyes him as he rests his head on her chest and he rubs her thighs.

"M'Baku you just met me."

He stands, looking down at her, hands on her waist.

"Do you not believe at love at first sight?" He murmurs as he presses his face in her hair.

"M'Baku..."

"I'm not asking you to make a decision now—that is the purpose of courtship."

He raises her chin and she swallows as he kisses her gently.

"Think about it Kimaya."

She looks at his form as it walks away from her. She looks back at the coconut drops and eats one, moaning softly. She makes her way to the garden where she sees Ramonda.

"Aunty."

"Oh. Hello Kimaya. Sit."

She sits across from her as the queen pours her some tea.

"Coconut drop?"

"No thank you. I'm cutting back on my sweets. What's wrong? You look...confused."

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yes my dear."

Kimaya chuckles as Ramonda smiles.

"M'Baku wants to court me however..."

"You are involved with T'Challa."

"Yes—wait! How did you know?!"

"I was in his room and you left your robe. The sheer gold one. I knew it was more than just friends because it was hanging in the closet."

"Well then..."

"Don't worry. I was involved with N'Jobu before he left for America and I married T'Chaka."

"Queen Mother: you had hoes?"

"I am not the Queen Mother for no reason," she says with a wink, making both women laugh.

"Oh my Bast. No one would believe me if I told them that Queen Mother Ramonda is a pimp!"

She winks.

"Now, M'Baku wants to court you. What's stopping you?"

"He wants to exclusive. Him alone. So if he courts me I can't keep having T'Challa."

"I see. Well courtships have rules for both parties. If he wants that then you must tell him something as well. Maybe, he may not do physical displays of affection until you two are engaged or he's not allowed to touch you sexually until then."

"Cockblock him since he's cockblocking me? I like the sound of that."

She laughs as she takes a sip of her tea.