Chapter Five

M'Baku sees Kimaya sitting by her firepit when he arrives the next morning.

She's wearing black joggers with fur lined boots (similar to uggs) a black turtleneck sweater and a grey blanket around her

She's wearing black joggers with fur lined boots (similar to uggs) a black turtleneck sweater and a grey blanket around her. Her hair is tousled and she holds a black mug in her hand.

"There's tea and coffee in the kitchen," Kimaya says making M'Baku jump.

"Thank you..."

M'Baku makes himself a cup before walking back out and sitting to the left of her. Awa is on her right, curled up snoring softly.

"Are you okay? You look upset?"

"I am fine M'Baku. Just enjoying the morning silence."

M'Baku smiles. There is a comfortable silence in the air, a few birds flying around. Small critters run about, getting food and the snow sparkles under the slowly rising sun.

"Would you like to go into town for breakfast?"

"Treating me to brunch?"

"Yes. We even have bottomless mimosas."

Kimaya chuckles as M'Baku smiles.

"Sure. When?"

"11? My favourite place doesn't open up until 10."

"Works for me."

M'Baku smiles as he finishes his coffee. He stands before pressing a soft kiss to her forehead making her smile.

"I will see you then my love. I have some paperwork to go through."

"Good luck."

"Thank you. I need it."

Kimaya smiles as he walks away, leaving her with the morning silence and her thoughts.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
M'Baku looks up at the knock and sees Kimaya standing there. Her makeup is done lightly but he can see the soft glow on her upper cheeks and the black eyeliner. She's in an oversized black cable knit sweater, front tucked into light blue high waist jeans. She has on black timbs and a grey wool trench coat. Her hair still has the tousled look.

"Oh shit. Damn I forgot..."

"It's okay."

"It's not."

Kimaya follows after M'Baku to his room and sits on his bed as he enters his closet to change. She looks at a few files on her phone before M'Baku cleared his throat. She looks up and smiles at seeing M'Baku in a dark grey outfit of joggers and a sweater with a fur.

"This way my love."

Kimaya holds his hand as he leads her to the restaurant. The interior is in a colour scheme of black,gold, and grey. A host leads them to a private table, closing the curtains to keep prying eyes away. A waiter comes back with the warmed cider that is a usual drink among the Jabari.