Chapter Twelve

N'Jadaka sees the necklace around M'Baku's neck and he grins.

"I see Kimaya has marked her claim on you."

M'Baku smiles as he touches the necklace with Kimaya's name. It sits on the soft material of the grey sweater he is wearing.

"Yes, she has."

"Has T'Challa seen?"

"No. I surprisingly don't want to shove it in his face. It's like a secret I want to keep until I can't hide it anymore."

N'Jadaka chuckles as he sits next to him, opening his laptop as the two men work quietly. The door opens and Kimaya walks in.

"Hey, Leopard."

"Hey, Fox."

"Hello, My Chief."

M'Baku smiles as he hugs her waist and nuzzles her neck.

"Hello, My Chieftess."

He kisses her and N'Jadaka throws a napkin at them.

"Hey! There are single people here! Single, lonely people."

M'Baku and Kimaya chuckle.

"I may know someone N'Jadaka," M'Baku says. "I did show him your picture and he is interested."

"You did mention I'm gay right? I don't need no surprise."

"I did N'Jadaka. If you must know, the Jabari is very accepting of sexualities. You will have no problems up there."

"I hope not. Kimaya stays happy with you so I better have the same results or I'm suing."

"For what?" M'Baku says as Kimaya laughs. "Sue for what?"

"Emotional distress!"

Both roll their eyes as N'Jadaka chuckles.

"Came to work or just came to see us?"

"Work and see both of your handsome faces."

"Say it again," M'Baku says making her laugh.

"You have been around N'Jadaka too long."

N'Jadaka flashes a smile as she sits down, beginning to work.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
T'Challa has been so busy that he hasn't been able to make time for Kimaya. He's sure that M'Baku has been enjoying that. He has just returned from the market with flowers, a new robe for Kimaya, and a gold necklace. He had taken the time to design the necklace which has a pendant of a fox and panther in a heart shape. Yes, it's corny but it's cute.

He sees Kimaya talking to Okoye who breaks her stoic face to laugh. The two women laugh before noticing T'Challa who walks over holding the gifts.

"My King," Okoye says as she salutes him.

"Hello, My King," Kimaya says with a soft smile.

"Hello, Okoye. Hello, My Queen."

T'Challa kisses her forehead and she smiles.

"I'm sorry I haven't been able to make time for you like I wanted to for the last few weeks."

"It is fine T'Challa. You are the king of a country. It would be selfish of me to demand attention all the time or when you are busy."

He smiles before kissing her cheek.

"You are too good to me."

"As are you."