Chapter Twenty

Warning: This Chapter includes descriptive scenes of murder and death.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
M'Baku sits up with a gasp, his eyes wide as he takes deep breaths, the healer and Shuri steadying him.

"Princess...What...?"

"Do you remember anything?" Shuri asks as she runs something across his head before ordering servants to go and get some clothes for him.

"I...I was in my room...drinking tea...and then..." his eyes go wide as he looks at her. "The Tea!"

"Don't worry. Kimaya--"

"M'Baku!"

He is tackled by a body which holds him close and he looks to see it is Kimaya. She kisses all over his face as she begins to cry.

"Hey! Don't cry!"

"You bastard! You almost died!" She swats at him making him laugh as he stands, holding her as he steps out the snow. She wiggles out his arms. "Get Dressed before Shuri tells T'Challa you were naked around her."

He looks down and sees he's only in his briefs and he quickly dresses as Shuri blushes, looking away.

"How long..."

"FIve days," Shuri says. "We stopped the spread of the poison and using a new detox method I created, we were able to detox the poison out of you rather quickly and then your body did the rest."

M'Baku nods.

"Do we know--"

"Davu. I was waiting for you to wake up before I go and retrieve the man. He will get not trial by combat. He will only get death."

"Kimaya you can't kill--"

"Can't kill him?" Kimaya says, looking at him. "I want to poison him with the same poison he used on you and watch him die slowly before I have Shuri revive him and repeat it again until he is begging me to let him die. I want to throw his body off the highest peak before putting his head on a spike for the vultures and crows to feed off. I don't just want to kill him!"

M'Baku looks at his wife who is in tears of anger and frustration.

"I want to make him pay for making my mother's life living hell! And my own a living hell!"

"I know. I know but we must give him a trial."

She huffs as she turns, walking away.

"Kimaya!"

He follows her, ignoring the villagers that greet him as Kimaya enters the palace. She enters the throne room where the elders and warriors are. 

"Chief M'Baku!" They exclaim.

"Elders. Warriors."

"M'Baku doesn't want to execute Davu."

"I never said that!"

"Why do you not want to execute him?" Neji asks. "He poisoned you. The servant boy Hami confessed to it."

"I can't kill him without a trial."

"The tribe knows that he poisoned you," Kimaya says, sitting on the throne. 

M'Baku bites his lip as he looks at the elders, warriors, and Kimaya. She looks so much like a Chieftess sitting on the throne wearing the traditional warrior clothing of the chieftess. He walks forward and kneels before her.

"Chieftess. I know you are angry and you have every right to be. Your father...has hurt you. Has Hurt your mother. Has Hurt me. And you have every fucking right to want him dead. But please...you must give him a trial. Tradition states--"