Chapter Nineteen

M'Baku looks around the cabin at the damage done. Kimaya is standing quietly, eyes blank as she stares ahead. M'Baku enters the kitchen and looks at Kimaya. He can feel the anger.

"Kimaya."

She looks at him, eyes still blank as he takes her hand, kissing the ring.

"I will handle them."

"Do so before I."

M'Baku kisses her forehead, stroking her cheek as he kisses her again.

"Do you want help cleaning?"

"No."

He nods as he bows to her before leaving, Awa following after him. Kimaya sighs as she changes her clothes before beginning to clean the cabin, starting with her living room.

M'Baku returns to the palace and a servant rushes over.

"Kasim."

"Yes great gorilla?"

"Go and retrieve Ata and Davu. Tell them I demand their presence and if they refuse: drag them back."

Kasim grins before nodding.

"Yes Great Gorilla."

He leaves with four other guards flanking him. They walk towards the temple and enter, interrupting the prayer happening.

"High Warrior Kasim," Davu says. "You are interrupting morning prayer."

"Hanuman will have to forgive you for cutting prayer short. The chief demands your presence and we have orders to force you if you refuse."

"He cannot force me!"

"Are you sure about that?" Kasim says. "Priest Osi can continue the morning prayers."

"Him?!"

"Yes. I can continue the prayers Warrior Kasim," Osi says as he steps up. Kasim smiles at him as he looks at Davu.

"Come along."

"No."

"Fine. Mvula. Ami."

The two men grab Davu and drag him out the temple.

"Take him to the palace. We will go get the witch."

Kasim and the two other guards quickly get to Ata.

"Ata."

"Kasim."

"The chief demands your presence."

She smirks.

"That outsider whore broke his heart?"

She gasps as a spear is to her neck by Boaz.

"Boaz..." Kasim says. "Don't hurt her. That's for the Chief and Chieftess to do."

He grunts but obeys, roughly grabbing her as they drag her out her house and to the palace.

M'Baku looks at the two elders before him, the other elders standing to the side.

"Why did you destroy the Chieftess' house?" M'Baku asks, voice flat and his face expressionless.

"We did no such thing!" Ata exclaims.

"Are you saying the Chieftess is lying?"

"Yes," Ata replies.

"Well, it is a good thing that cameras cannot lie."

A servant brings in a tablet and he shows them the footage from the security cameras in Kimaya's home. The two stare in shock as M'Baku looks at them.