Chapter Seventeen

Kimaya and Omri are sitting in his office, talking about the Jabari's plan of creating a greenhouse so they can grow more vegetables. She has been doing better: going to Ukozula regularly, spending more time with her friends, and focusing on her own well being.

"What are you doing on Saturday?"

"Why?"

"I'm going to the club with N'Jadaka. Do you want to come?"

"Don't want to be with N'Jadaka?"

"I have a man now."

They chuckle. N'Jadaka is a sweetheart but one cannot party with N'Jadaka without a responsible adult. You'll wake up in a bed with a stranger. Kimaya knows. She has done it.

"Well, I'm single."

"But you're responsible."

She laughs as Omri shrugs.

"Come on: you need to get out. Flap your wings. Shake some ass."

"I hate you."

Omri laughs as there's a knock and the door opens, N'Jadaka poking his head in.

"N'Jadaka!"

"Hey bitches!"

"Dear Bast," Omri mumbles. "He has evolved."

"Haha," N'Jadaka says as he sits with them, Omri getting up and making him a cup of tea. "So what are you two talking about?"

"Omri is trying to persuade me to come to the club on Saturday."

"You should! Go out! Shake some ass! Maybe leave with a man or woman. We don't judge."

"N'Jadaka you don't get to judge anyone," Omri said as N'Jadaka flips him off making them laugh.

"Anyway, you coming on Saturday and that's that. Periodt."

"I should have never introduced you to City Girls."

He laughs as Omri chuckles.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
Saturday comes quickly and Kimaya finds herself in her quarters with N'Jadaka, Omri, Okoye, And Ayo. They are currently doing face masks as music plays in the background.

"So what's the schedule for tonight?" Ayo asks.

"We hit the first lounge at 9," Omri says as he walks out the kitchen with his flute of champagne and in a robe with a hair wrap. They laugh as he looks at them. "I'm a gay man. Anyway," they laugh even harder as he sits down with them. "Lounge Ghost at 9. Then at 10 we go to the bar Noir. At 11 we go to Club Isis and spend the rest of the night there."

"Sounds good. How should I dress?"

"I'm dressing cute but comfortable," Kimaya says. "I'm thinking a bodysuit with jeans and boots."

"What kind of bodysuit?" N'Jadaka asks.

"The one with the underboob cut out."

"Be slutty ma'am," N'Jadaka says. "You're single. Be a hoe!"

She laughs as she smiles at them, watching her friends.

"Don't worry boo. I got you."

"You better. I'll make you change."

She laughs as they continue their face masks and talking.
❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️
The group is walking down to the garage when T'Challa, M'Baku, the merchant elder and Ramonda sees them. They had just left a tense meeting. M'Baku and T'Challa stare at Kimaya.