Chapter Eighteen

There's a calm over the house as Kimaya wakes up. She brushes her teeth before grabbing her robe and makes her way downstairs. She enters the kitchen, making a cup of coffee for herself and puts Awa's good out. She walks over to the large window that gives her a view of the garden she has and sees a few birds flying around. Kimaya lives for these early mornings. She hears the heavy footsteps coming down the stairs and turns to see M'Baku.

"Good Morning M'Baku."

"That's not my name Chieftess."

She chuckles as he kisses her cheek.

"Good Morning Chief. How did you sleep?"

"Much better with you here."

Kimaya smiles as he kisses her again. He hugs her from behind as they watch the garden.

"Do you want to go out for breakfast?" M'Baku asks.

"If you want to: I'm down."

"Well, lets get ready and go."

She chuckles as she kisses him.

"Thirty minutes?"

"Good for me. Kiss," Kimaya says and M'Baku chuckles as he kisses her before leaving and she goes upstairs to get ready.
❄️
M'Baku can't help but to drool at seeing his fiancée (yes he's calling Kimaya that because that is what she in his mind). She's wearing a grey shoulder-less long sleeve button up sweater with fitted black pants and her grey boots. She wears the gorilla ring and his name necklace. Her fur is hanging off her arms.

"M'Baku do you know what you want?"

"You."

"I'm not on the breakfast menu."

"Which is a shame. I want the shrimp and grits."

"I'm craving French toast."

"Get whatever you want love."

Kimaya smiles as the waiter comes over to take their orders before walking away. Kimaya looks at M'Baku and licks her lips.

"You like what you see?"

"Of course I do pumpkin," Kimaya says as she reaches her hand out to fix his name necklace. He's in a grey fitted sweater which hugs his muscles and grey joggers. He has on boots along with his fur. He smiles as Kimaya strokes the necklace.

"Kimaya! Chief!"

They look up to see Oba and they smile, hugging the man.

"So you two are back together?" He asks with a smile.

"Yes," Kimaya says. "Back together and working on it."

He smiles as M'Baku grins.

"I'm glad you two fixed things up. Did you...?"

"No not yet. I'll tell him later."

"Tell me what?"

The godfather and goddaughter look at each other.

"Can we talk about it over food?"

M'Baku nods.

"Oba would you like to join us?" He asks. "Since you know whatever she's about to tell me."

"I don't want to intervene—"

"It's fine," M'Baku says as he sits down, a waiter putting extra items down for him and taking his order.

"So what do I need to know?"

"Ata And Davu Are planning something," Oba says. "I know it has to do with Kimaya. They never liked her."