Chapter 14 | Don't Forget About Us

014. DON'T FORGET ABOUT US

 DON'T FORGET ABOUT US

• • • • • •

It was the end of the night and I was showing Joe's mom and sisters Alex's baby pictures since I knew they probably wanted to see them. Why not, bring them all.

"This is her 1st birthday" I pointed out as Lisa turned the page.

"Wow. This whole photo album is so creative and beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us." Summer says as the rest agreed and when Lisa turned the page again. 

We all heard yelling coming from the kitchen. It sounds like Joe's voice. So I told Alex to show the rest of the pictures to her aunties while Lisa and I went to the kitchen.

When we walked towards the kitchen, Lisa pulled me back so we can listen in. "Dad, why are you being like this. I mean why do you hate Charlotte so much, what did she ever do to you?" Joe yelled angrily.

"Nothing, son. She's just not good enough for you and she'll never be good enough in my eyes. My thoughts and opinion about her will never change. Charlie's is not the one for you," Sika says honestly. My heart dropped to my stomach, he really hates me but why?

"Well, you know what Dad. You are such a mean piece of shit and you've been controlling me ever since I got with Charlie in the beginning. I love Charlie, she makes me the happiest man on earth, she makes me feel loved, cared, alive and good." 

"And one day, we will get married and have so many more babies and if you wouldn't come around to understand and respect her then you will never see me, Alex or Charlie, again," Joe said to his father about to walk away.

I wiped my tears away that begin coming down my face because I was so completely taken back on what Joe was saying. I mean I loved Joe with everything in me and I was willing to support his decision. But, I just couldn't let him do that, It won't be fair to the rest of his family.

"No, he's not seeing me anymore!" I jumped into the conversation. Joe and his father looked over at me by the door entrance and Joe frowned.

"What? " He said and I ignored him.

"Mr. Anoa'i, I don't know what I did for you to hate me so much but I hope you can found it in your heart to at least have a relationship with your granddaughter. I know you care about your son so much, I do too. I mean I love your son so much and he makes me so damn happy but if you don't want me here or to be with him then I'll leave him alone forever"

"Charlotte, what the hell are you doing?" Joe asked, confused. 

"I'm sorry, Joe. I love you but It's better this way! No more arguments or drama between you and your dad" I said walking away from him. Lisa tried to stop me when I passed her but I didn't listen, Joe called my name out while I went to get Alex from the living room.