Chapter 9 | Remedy

09. REMEDY

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

"Please stop, please don't-don't please" I cried in my sleep.

"Charlotte, baby please wake up," Joe says, shaking me gently to wake me but I don't. So he had to shake me a little hard than before.

"What?" I gasped awake, my hand went to my big belly and my eyes came in contact with Joe who looked worried. This has been happening every night, I'll often wake from nightmares of the day I got kidnapped. 

"It's okay," Joe says, wrapping his arms around me tightly and held me close. He started whispering loving and comforting words into my ear. 

I buried my face into his chest, making his white t-shirt wet with my tears. I tried my best to calm down and take deep breaths while he gave me soft pats down my head as he kissed my forehead.

"It's gonna be alright baby, it was just a bad dream okay! Don't cry" He whispered. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, Joe" I cried some more, Joe gently lifted my chin up to make me look at him and wipe away the tears.

"Charlotte, don't you dare apologize cause it's not your fault okay. And I promise, you will get through this; You know why because you are strong and you have me, Alex, our unborn twins, and our family and friends. Just remember I'm here for you and I love you so much okay" Joe says with a warm smile which made me feel so much better.

"You always say the right thing, and I love you so much too, Joe," I said with a smile, Joe kissed my cheek, then his warm and soft lips touching mines. I smiled into the kiss and kissed him back, I slept peacefully in his protective arms for the rest of the night and basically the rest of my life.

• • • • • •

BABY SHOWER

"OH MY GOSH," I said with excitement as I walked in the backyard, looking around at the beautifully and creatively decorating golden balloons and table

"You like it?" Joe says, coming up to me; giving me a quick kiss while putting his hand on my belly. "Yes I love it but what is this for?" I asked, smiling up at him. Gosh, I'm so in love with this man. 

"This is the twins baby shower" Joe explained, I looked at him confused. "Wait what, you did all of this?" I asked looking around the backyard again. 

"Oh no, my mom did," Joe says with a smile. "Really?"

"Yes, ma'am since your parents, Lana and her sister did your first baby shower with Alex. My mom wanted to do it for you this time for the twins," Joe says.

"Oh my gosh, how sweet. Well, where is she, I want to thank her?" I asked looking around for Ms. Patrica which made him laugh. "She was here, a couple of hours ago. Getting everything ready but she had to go back home and change. She'll be back with my dad I promise" Joe explained.

"This is so amazing!" I said pulling him into hug, the swell of the moment was so lovely and bliss but it didn't last long when I heard a flash.

"Awe, don't move that's so beautiful," Tiara says with a smile as we both stepped away from each other. 

"Tiara, how did you get in?" Joe asked curiously, "Well amazing nieces have a key to the house," She says as Alex was right by her side.

"Oh, you both should know that after a certain point, sexual intercourse is not good for the baby or your "babies" right?" Tiara asked which made me bust out in laughter.

"What?" Joe asked. "Nothing anyways, where can sit me and my husband gifts," She asked with a slight smile and Joe pointed over at the baby table. Tiara nodded and walking over to the gift table as my parents came into view.

"Oh hey mom and dad, the gift table is over there," I said kissing their cheeks as they entered the backyard, soon I went to go change and when I came back everyone who was invited was here. I went to greet Mr. and Mrs. Anoa'i by the food and started a chat.

"So how are you and the twins?" Sika asked. "We're very good and happy to today, thank you!"

"That's great, honey and you look beautiful. Do you like how everything is going so far?" Patricia asked sweetly, making me smile. 

I waddled up to her, yes waddled, and gave her a big hug. "Yes I freaking love it, thank you so much for planning this, Patricia" I smiled. 

"Oh no, Charlotte. I've been wanting to do this for you, for a very long and I'm so happy you love it" Her smile widened and I pulled her back into a hug, I felt like this night was gonna be filled with so much love, bliss and happy tears. Soon after we all ate and played a bunch of baby games, Joe got up from his seat to say something.

"I...I would like to say thank you all for coming to celebrate our twins, it means the world to us and um" Joe says softly then he looks down at me.

"Charlotte, I want to thank you for being who you are. Just being your husband is blessing and honor and you carrying and taking care of our children is a bigger honor. I just wanted to say that I love you. I love you and our kids more than anything in this world and I will spend the rest of my life showing you and them that." Joe says with a charming smile as everyone clapped at his speech.

"I love you too," I said smiling with happy tears as I felt my babies kick. It was as if they heard their father's words, I leaned up to give him a kiss.

"I think it's time to tell everyone what the gender of twins are," I said with a smile and Joe nodded, helping me stood up and grabbing hold of my hand.

"Everyone, family and friends...We are.....having..." They were waiting for our revealed answered. 

"A BOY AND GIRL" We screamed together which made everyone screaming with joy as Joe and I laughed. My parents came to hug us first then Joe's parents and then everyone else. 

After everyone calms down and went sat back down for a while, just chatting and enjoying the company. I just watched everyone interact and argue and laugh. Even though it wasn't perfect, this was my family, I can't wait for twins to get here and met them.

Sorry this is so short and it took so long to come out but yayyy the twins are coming. And only 3 more chapters left, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter - Gracie 💖