-25- Heavens Asunder; a Desperate Measure.

Elder Yun stormed into the mansion

The blue flames engulfed the walls, burning ever brighter with the bookshelves of the library.

"Isn't it beautiful, Ray?" he called out. Taking off his coat, he exposed the deep brown burn scars on his shoulders, travelling down his arms, decorating his elbows-- "to meet you again, surrounded by the very flames you burned me in?"

Visul leaned behind a bookshelf, hidden from sight.

"If you do not leave now, I'm afraid those scars will only deepen," she spoke up, raising her voice above the flickering flares, "once again, from flames you foolishly set out on your own."

Elder Yun was an old man, much past his prime-- yet, he was not much weaker from age. 

"Your bloodline has gone on for too long," he declared, "we have no further reason to keep you nor your son with us. If you refuse to leave this country, we will simply eradicate you."

"Even if Luz has your blood in his veins?"

"Crossbreeding with a witch was an unforgivable impurity in our sacred bloodline," Elder Yun was firm, "we will erase him, if anything else."

A blade shone in the flare, a kunai was chucked in Elder Yun's direction. Missing the man narrowly, it embedded itself into a wall.

Visul stepped out from the bookshelf.

"I'm afraid I can't allow that," she said.

Numerous knives hovered in the air around her, controlled by strings so thin they were invisible-- they seemed to be floating, controlled by nothing but her will.

Elder Yun stepped forward-- but stopped as a string inched closer to his neck, so sharp it drew blood on contact.

He stepped back-- but a string sliced open his forearm and leg. 

"You should've stayed outside and waited for me to die, Elder Yun," Visul whispered, "don't you know how a spider hunts their prey?"

She tightened her fist, the strings connected to her fingers drew closer to Elder Yun, the man standing straight as he realized the numerous, uncountable strings drawing his blood from his arms, his face, and cutting through parts of his clothing.