-39- Landing; and Ending.

"Land's ahead!" someone yelled into the cabin

Cross was competing with Pierrot in a knife-throwing human spinning machine. The sudden call made him throw one off aim--

Boar, who was tied to the machine, had never screamed that hard in his entire life as a knife pinned right beside his eye.

"Really?" Cross completely forgot their game, "Land! Lilisia!"

"Ilisia!" Pierrot cheered back.

"Gawraah!" Leer added.

They left Boar tied up there and they rushed onto deck, ready for their first island in nearly a week since they started travelling together.

"See that?" Butterfly chuckled, showing them the island-- a stretch of green mass, mountainous bumps, and large marble structures of royalty. 

The town was flourishing and full of plentiful trade, ships porting in and out of the shores. The island was huge even from afar, much bigger than Shikke at least-- the top of the mountain perched the royal family's mansion-- a beautiful white gem shining in the deep green of the mountain forests. A clean, tiled trail lead up to it.

"That's the Ilisia Kingdom," Jester told them, "it's a huuge town, so you don't need to be worried about camouflaging into the crowd-- but be careful, this is still a World Government country!"

Leer leaped onto Cross' head for a better view.

The breeze threw their hair furiously about-- the sun rose from the east, in line with their final arrival on the island. It was a momentously joyous occasion-- the three pirates were awfully elated.

It was time for a new journey.

  ー  

Takara chuckled, pulling on a black turtleneck sweater and gloves. He strapped on a toolbelt-- a pleasantly overly gaudy metal contraption, full of unnecessary punk designs and compartments and metal jangles. The buckle was, as if he wanted to prove a point, a diamond with a large X over it.

Visul's changshan, deep blue and gold, was torn around the shoulder a few days ago so Spider simply shore it off at the shoulders-- now the dress was showing off proudly the deep brown scars at her shoulders.