-27- Things we Know; and Things left Unknown.

"The door's not opening

"The door's not opening... what did you do to it?!"

Cross leaned by the side of the main door-- watching as the villagers struggled to pry the doorknob open-- but it was locked shut by some force on the other end.

"Not me, Luz probably sealed it," Cross mumbled.

He drew his wires, spinning the sharp iron thread around with its blades swirling like a fun sling. He hurled it, embedding it at the door an inch away from a man's hand.

The man flinched away, surprised-- then turned to Cross with a sort of seething animosity Cross found joy in seeing.

"My hair's not white like Luz's, but can you fight me instead?" he chuckled.

A knife sliced through a man's neck-- nearly decapitating him. Blood gushed from the wound, uncontrollable, endless, overflowing as if there was no end--

The man gargled, choked-- fell to his knees, stunned.

"Oh, sorry," Cross had drawn the knife away from the wound, leaving the man with a severely bleeding, slow death-- "hold on for a bit, I forgot to ask Takara if I could kill anyone."

The ninja took a step back, drawing their weapons on guard.

Cross grappled a man by the collar, lifting him and thrusting him hard to the ground. His other hand lifted, the blade at the end of his wire bouncing upward, slicing through a woman's eye. 

He dropped onto his hands, somersaulting a distance away from the crowd as an arrow chucked right next to his feet-- moments later bursting into an explosion of gas and poison.

"You're mean," Cross whined, "you aimed before I dodged!"

Takara had climbed his way to the vague center of the crowd. Cross stood on the branch beside him. The crowd that had lost sight of them began to realize the two were up there-- they didn't have long to talk.

"I aimed exactly where it wouldn't hit you, it's fine," Takara muttered, "anyways, this is way too many people to fight for both of us. Your blades are assassination-inclined and I've got five arrows left. Any plans?"