-47- A Fox's Ear; Responds.

"I swear to fuck, someone on that ship taught her stuff," Takara grumbled

"I'm pretty sure it's half your fault, Takara," Cross retorted.

"You want a metal punch?"

"Shutting up now," said the boy.

The two scrambled to the roof, pulling themselves to a better view of the city. The town was not a big one, but they were small in comparison. The port was in Cross' view, a large, blue and green Marine ship-- and from there, a line of soldiers stretched, pooled in a mass in preparations to take in a new convict.

Takara faced the palace, where a little stem of smoke gurgled and burped in the air, a distasteful sight for a castle as grand for a king. He could see soldiers there too, much less, but armed. Half of people present there were civilians, nurses, medics, rushing in and out and crowding; but the presence of the white coat of justice left a sphere of space for walkway.

Takara breathed out, "I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it'll work," Takara muttered, "we beat them up, take Mime, and run."

"Yosh," Cross threw a fist in the air, "that it is!"

"We can also beat them up, take Mime, punch his face black and blue," Takara suggested again, "make sure his face becomes so unrecognizable even his mother wouldn't recognize him, then maybe we can make a deal with King Lucas so Mime can stay on this island."

"Ouuuhh!" Cross cheered, punching the air excitedly, "that sounds great too!"

"That sounds great, my ass!" Takara knocked him in the head again, "how do you suppose we defeat a Rear Admiral??"

"Can you stop hitting me??" Cross held his arms protectively over his head.

"He has soldiers too, and since he's a Rear Admiral, he probably has a Captain with him... if not, a few Lieutenants..." Takara grimaced, "we're outnumbered, idiot. I really think it's impossible after all."

"You can just shoot them down," Cross suggested, "and I'll kill them."

"No killing!" Takara snapped. "Hell, it ain't even that easy, kid."