-31- Punches and Strings; or the Flames, who will win?

"LEEEEEEEEEERRR!!!!"

To say the sight was terrifying was an understatement.

Elder Yun and the crowd were just glamouring the sight of the beautiful scorching blue sizzling into bits into the sky, finally rid of their problems for the day and probably for another great while in their lives--

Then, two boys screaming bloody murder just bulldozed out of the fire like madmen and punched their Elder in the face.

"Eldeeer!!!" the villagers shrieked at the sight.

"I hit something, Luz!" Cross sparkled.

Luz and Cross skidded to a stop, breathing out. They were lightly seared by the flames because they weren't in there long enough to be burned too badly-- their fists were gripped, their stances were ready to fight.

"You!" a villager charged at Cross, throwing a kunai in that direction.

"Tag Out," Cross snapped his fingers, flipping into Elder Yun's spot on the ground.

Elder Yun was jabbed in the shoulder with a kunai. The man groaned in pain and confusion-- 

"Tag In!" Cross returned to his spot beside Luz, throwing a punch right at the attacker's stomach.

"Dude, you're scaring me, what in the world is that?" Luz gawked with a bit of disgust, "and tell me beforehand, geez."

"Uh, I dunno how to explain so," Cross tagged into Luz's spot, sending a kick to an ambusher, then tagged back in, "but basically I can do that."

"Very informative!" Luz yelled sarcastically, "stop doing that to me!"

"Ookayy," Cross sang.

They stood back to back, with the flames behind them, and enemies before them.

Elder Yun croaked up, boiling with rage.

His upper body was exposed-- large, black burn scars marring his shoulder an ugly brown scab that would never, ever fade from him--

"So we punch?" Cross asked.

"We punch," Luz agreed.