-51- Pivot; Turn the Fight.

Masquerade wiped down Rose's back-- it was cleaned now, done under Visul's watch to ensure she wouldn't irritate the ailing wound

They were on a bench in the palace, brought in and away from the scuffle.

Visul hissed, seeing the scars across the silver-haired girl's bare back.

Her hair was silver and sprawled long across her back, not in her usual hairstyle. Masquerade had brushed it away from the center of the back, revealing a mark.

A mark Visul's read in books.

The Hoof of a Soaring Dragon.

Visul pulled a thin blanket over Rose's back almost immediately, biting her bottom lip in distaste. She breathed in to hold back a whimper, but she was near tears.

She was seeing things now-- away from her little core of home, she was revealed to beautiful, wondrous things. Love, Gratitude, Acceptance.

But now she saw the harsh things-- Rejection, Fear, Separation.

"Slavery," Masquerade's voice was easing, calm-- she sounded emphatic, woeful-- "despicable, isn't it? Such a young, pretty child-- forced to hide forever."

Visul only hadn't seen it before because of Rose's long hair.

She felt an ache in her heart that could only be described as sorrow. How much did it hurt for Rose to see Mime, chained and taken away from her?

Visul knew how it felt to be rid of freedom.

Looking over, Visul noticed Masquerade take off her mask-- clasping her hands together, fingers interlocked, head bowed and eyes closed.

She would've asked what she was doing, but Masquerade spoke first, "please be safe, Pierrot," she said softly, "we need you."

Visul had already told the woman about the pink-haired's unprecedented meteorite entrance, and that he was going to be alright.

"If we pray, he'll come," Masquerade seemed to speak to Rose, a smile crawling up her expressions-- "right?"

Visul didn't understand, and didn't think she should.