-44- A Fox's Ear; Hears.

Grizzly looked down, grim and in bated breath

"I suspect not all of you were unaware of it," Ensie shot a glance toward the Masked Merchants, "Former Marine Captain, Jack-- he is easily an 100 Million berries head for what he has done!"

The soldiers grasped Mime's shoulders, holding him down as they cuffed him.

Grizzly clicked his tongue, "how did you find him?"

Rear Admiral Ensie stepped toward Grizzly, a seething glare shot toward him-- "you think that pitiful disguise was enough to send him into hiding?" he scoffed, "it's like you weren't even trying!"

Mime was brought to his knees before the Rear Admiral.

"We simply wish to know the whereabouts of the criminal you set free five years ago," Ensie raised his voice, "where is the Crimson Gyra, Kanz?"  

Mime tutted. Gripping his fists, he threw his hands to the ground and swung his feet across, tripping the Marine Soldiers that held him down. He leaped to his feet, hands still bound, and shot a glance at Grizzly.

"If I'd tell you, there'd be no point in me saving him," Mime snorted. "He's gone. Somewhere, so far, even I can't know where he'll be from now on."

Rear Admiral Ensie sighed.

"You leave me with no choice, then," he muttered, calling for his soldiers, "bring him to the ship. He'll be speaking soon."

"Wait!" the merchants yelled, "leave him alone!"

"That wasn't the deal!" Grizzly raised his voice.

"Deal?" Ensie grumbled, "you're still prattling on about that? It's obvious this is an entirely different situation altogether."

He turned to the king, "this is an order from the Admirals of the Navy, and it strongly concerns the pride of the Marines. I believe even you, a King, would have to let this one go."

King Lucas sucked in a breath, and could only nod with suppressed anger. He was helpless here, even in his position as a king. 

"I will not stand for this!" Grizzly shouted, punching the wall.