Chapter 2: Dinner

Sydney POV

I pulled up to the house and unpacked the car. I grabbed Jay and unlocked the door. The kids went to their rooms and I took Jay to his crib since he was sleep. I showed Steph her room and went downstairs. I went in the kitchen and started dinner.

Scott POV

"I don't know why that hoe coming in my house anyways." Paula said looking through my refrigerator.

"Damn I didn't know you paid bills." I said sarcastically.

"Don't play with me Scott, I'm not her you can't just talk to me anyway." she said biting a apple.

"What the fuck is you talking bout? You need to shut the fuck up and stop talking shit about somebody you don't know. She dont take shit and she's actually more of a woman than you'll ever be." I yelled.

"Seems like your still in love with her but your here fucking me." she said laughing.

"You know what? Get the fuck out!" I yelled.

"I'm glad to." she said smiling and walking past me.

She went out the door. I went upstairs and got dressed. I grabbed my phone and keys and went outside. I hopped in my truck and headed towards Syd's house. I parked in the driveway and got out. I went up to the door and knocked. Syd's sister answered the door.

"Hey Scott." she said.

"Hey Steph." I said

I walked in the kitchen and saw Sydney making plates. I snuck up behind her.

"Sydney." I said putting my hands on her waist.

She jumped and almost made the food fall.

"Really Scott?!" she yelled.

"I'm sorry baby." I said

"I'm not yo baby." she said taking the plates to the table.

"Well I want you to be." I said turning her around so we were chest to chest.

"Well you not making that clear with other bitches at yo house." she said looking up at me.

"So you go feelings for me?" I asked her.

She bit her lip and walked upstairs.

She brung the kids down to eat.

"Hi Daddy." Ciarian said hugging me.

"Didn't I just see you?" I said sitting down.

"Yes but I love you so much." she said kissing me on the cheek.

Everybody sat down and started to eat. We were talking when the doorbell rung. Syd got up and came back with that nigga Brandon. Well I should say that bitch Brandon. He was the one that was telling Syd to break up with me and all that bullshit. Since then I didn't like that bitch ass nigga. He said hi to Steph and when he laid eyes on me he mugged me. Syd went in the kitchen and made him a plate. She put it on the table and he sat down.

"Hey Scott, how you doing?" he said looking at me.

"Alright." I said.

This nigga just made me lose my appetite. Luckily Jayden started crying and that gave me an excuse. I got up and went upstairs. I went to his room and picked him up. He saw me and started attacking my face.

"Bruh don't be doing all that." I said taking him to Syd's room.

I sat on the bed and grabbed the diapers and wipes. I opened his diaper and he looked like he was sponsored by the green bay packers.

"This shit so nasty." I said to myself.

I changed it and threw it away. I went to his room and made him a bottle. I brung it back to the room and we watched the game.

Sydney POV

"I'm mad." Brandon said.

"It ain't nothing going on, he just wanted to spend some time with the kids." I said.

"Mhmm." he said.

I got up and took the plates to the kitchen. I washed em and went back in the living room. I sat in the middle of Steph and Brandon.

"So when he leaving?" he asked me.

"Brandon it's okay." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"No it's not, I don't want to see you hurt again Syd." he said.

"I'm not tho, it's not like that." I said lying.

I know if I ever told Brandon that I still had feelings for Scott that he will go berserk. But he really can't get that mad because it's my love life. I mean who wouldn't want to be with your kid's father.

"You said that last time." he said getting up," I'm about to go...make sure you call me."

"Alright." I said getting up and giving him a hug.

"Be careful." he said kissing me on the cheek.

He left out and I sat on the couch next to Steph.

"So are y'all getting back together?" she asked.

"I don't know." I said.

...

I walked in the twins room and tucked them in. I gave both of them a kiss on the cheek.

"My hair is still wet from the tub." she said.

"Nobody told you to lean back." I said.

We started laughing and I turned off the light. I went to Derrick's room and tucked him in.

"Love you Derri." I said giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"Love you to ma." he said.

I turned off the light and walked down to my room. I walked in and Scott and Jay was sleep. I took a picture and put it on Instagram. I went in the bathroom and got in the shower. About 30 minutes in, I heard the door open and close.

Scott POV

I closed the door and stripped out of my clothes. I opened the shower door and she looked me. I had forgot how bad she was. She head the fattest ass a nigga can wish for. It's only been a year since I've seen her naked but it felt like a lifetime.

"So are you gonna get in or what?" she said stepping back.

I got in and washed up.

"So Syd I was thinking about something." I said.

"What?" she asked.

"To give the kids the best life they can possibly have, I think we should get back together. I know the reason we broke up the last time was because of the drugs but I fixed that. I don't do that no more and I'm actually a month clean. I want you back Syd and I'll do anything to get you back." I said looking in her eyes.

Sydney POV

"How do I suppose to know if your clean?" I asked him.

He turned off the water and I got out. He closed the door and I got dressed. I was sitting on the bed when he came out with a drug test. He gave it to me and I read it. I couldn't believe it actually came out negative. I got up and hugged him.

"Scott I'm so proud of you." I said.

"So can we make it official now?" he asked me.

"I just don't feel comfortable making it official the same day I saw some random hoe in yo house." I said crawling into bed.

"I get what you saying." he said crawling into bed next to me.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in.

"I love you." he said

"I love you more." I said dosing off.

"That's not possible." he said kissing me on the cheek.