Chapter 10: First Words

Sydney POV

"Derrick, Ciara and Ciarian come downstairs." Steph yelled.

Her and Zay came over for lunch. I made the kids a plate and they started eating. I was in the kitchen when Zay came in.

"Hey." he said kissing me on the cheek.

"I don't think you should be doing that." I said looking at him.

He chuckled and sat on the counter.

"What you doing tonight?" he asked me.

"Nothing probably stay in, you?" I said.

"Same here." he said.

Steph walked in and we stopped talking.

"I see y'all became friends." she said smiling.

I was about to start laughing but I kept my composure and just nodded my head. She went in the refrigerator to get some juice. I looked over at Zay and he was cracking up. I started smiling and went in the dining room.

"Momma what we doing today?" Derrick asked me.

"Umm what y'all wanna do." I said sitting down.

"Shopping." Ciara said.

"You just love spending my money huh?" I said.

"Yep." she said.

"Well since it's Sunday, we can go to the park then come home and watch movies." I said.

"Yes." Derrick said.

"Can daddy come?" Ciarian said.

I paused for a moment before answering her question.

"Call him and see." I said unlocking my phone.

I dialed the number and handed it to her. I took their plates and got up.

"Daddy." she said into the phone.

I went in the kitchen and put the plates in the sink. Zay and Steph was kissing so I left out to give them their privacy. I went over to the bouncer and picked up Jay. I gave him his bottle and we went upstairs. I took him to his room and got him dressed.

"Ma." he said.

"Yo first word Jayden!" I said smothering him in kisses.

He started smiling. I put him in his swinger and went to the twins room. I got their outfits out and got them dressed. Derrick came in already dressed.

"Mommy gone take forever to get dressed." Ciara said throwing her head back.

I started laughing and went to my room. I got in the shower and washed up. I got out and did my hair. I went in my room and got dressed. I went into the hallway and Zay was playing with Jayden. When he heard my door close he looked at me.

"You look nice." he said licking his lips.

"Thank you." I said laughing.

"Where y'all going?" he asked.

"The park and the grocery store, wanna come?" I asked him.

"Wouldn't that make us look suspicious?" he asked me.

"No." I said picking up Jay.

He shrugged his shoulders and went in Steph's room. I went downstairs and waited for the kids to come down. They came down with Xavier.

"Xavier you about to go?" Steph asked coming out the kitchen.

"Yea Imma go to the park and the grocery store to help Syd." he said.