Chapter 20: What's The Tea ?

Sydney POV

"Derrick bring me yo shirt so I can iron it." Andre said.

Yes me and Andre is back together. One day he called me and we met up at lunch. He told me all about this Loren girl and I told him all about Xazier. I told him all the stuff about me and he did the same.

Derrick came down the stairs and gave Andre his shirt.

"You excited for tomorrow?" I asked him.

"No." He said.

"Why not?" I asked him.

"Cuz I don't have no friends at this new school." He said.

"I promise you that your gonna make friends." I said rubbing his head.

"I guess." He said.

"You took your shower yet?" I asked.

"No, but I will." He said.

"Alright go get ready for school." I said.

He nodded his head and went back upstairs.

I got up and headed to the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator door and pulled out everything I needed to make dinner.

...

"Mommy that was sooo good." Ciarian said.

"Thank you baby." I said taking the dirty plates to the kitchen.

The kids went upstairs and it was just me and Andre. He hopped on the kitchen counter and stared at me while I made my way to the sink.

"Can i help you?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"Naw I'm just thinking about the fact that I was gone lose you over some petty shit." He said.

"Yea." I said nodding my head.

"I love you." He said.

"Love you too." I said.

My phone started vibrating and it was Kendall.

Me: Hey Boo.

Kendall: Hey, girl I got some TEA !

Me: What's the tea?

Kendall: Girl yo baby daddy cutting up.

Me: Scott?!

When I said that name Andre looked up quick.

Kendall: Yes he is in jail.

Me: Why is he in jail.

Kendall: Well I'm cool with Reigna or whatever and she told me that she had to go pick up the baby from Scott's house because he hit his new girlfriend and she called the police.

Me: Kendall that's not like Scott. He never hit a female in his life.

Kendall: Well he did.

Me: Imma call you back.

Kendall: Ight

I hung up and threw my head back in frustration. Why?! I scrolled threw my contacts when I found Mama Joyce's number (Scott Mama).

Mama Joyce: Hey baby

Me: Hey, what's going on with Scott?

Mama Joyce: It was that new girlfriend of his. He was so depressed and distraught after you left. He rushed into this relationship cuz he really didn't love her. You know Scott, he will never lay hands on a female.

Tears started streaming down my face as I went up to my room.

Me: I feel like this is somewhat my fault.

Mama Joyce: Baby do not blame yourself. This had nothing to do with you.

Me: If I would've stayed in Chicago, he would've never did this.

Mama Joyce: Baby you moved because you were trying to escape the drama. You didn't know this was gonna happen. Soon I want you to come up here cause I need to talk to you face to face.

Me: Alright I'll talk to you later.

I hung up the phone and put it on my nightstand. I got under the covers and just stared into space. About 5 minutes later Andre came in.

"You good?" He asked sitting on the bed.

I didn't say nothing.

"Imma ask you something" he said, "are you still in love with Scott?"

I continued to stare into space but that question went through my mind. Am I still in love with Scott Latrell Jackson?