Chapter 5

'What?' Aidey asked, a bit stunned.

Dehious looked straight at her. 'I said, do you like me?'

'So does it mean you like me?' Aidey asked back. Then she mentally slapped herself for not having a better reply.

Dehious cocked his head. 'Yes..?' he replied uncertainly. 'But if you want us to be just friends, that's ok.' he quickly added. Dehious tried to maintain his poker face, but Aidey saw through it, and saw that Dehious was hurt. She mentally slapped herself again for causing Dehious pain.

'No, no.' Aidey said, quickly. 'Don't get me wrong. I like you as well.'

Dehious's face lit up. 'Really?' he asked, happily. 'Do you mean it?'

Aidey smiled. 'Yeah, I mean it.' she said. 'What else would I mean, dummy?' she added playfully.

'Great!' Dehious said, face lighting up considerably. 'So... Lovers?'

'Lovers.' Aidey said, looking at Dehious, smiling. 'I've liked you for quite some time now, Dehious. Thank you for bringing this along.'

'Oh? Well, me as well. Glad that we both like each other!' Dehious said. He looked more enthusiastic and happy than Aidey had ever seen him be. Aidey smiled, and looking at her, Dehious smiled as well. Then Dehious got out of the car, and walked towards her. He hugged her, and looked at her in the eyes. 'Love you.' he said, softly. Aidey laughed, and pulled Dehious into another hug. 'Love you as well.' she said, hugging him. Then they parted, and Dehious walked back to his car. He climbed into his Camaro, and looked through the opened passenger side window. 'Goodbye for now.' he said. 'I'll look forward to meeting you again next week! You're available then, right?'

'Sure am.' Aidey said, smiling widely at him. 'Goodbye! Safe driving!'

Dehious smiled, started the car, and his car soon rumbled away from her home. Aidey looked at the now her boyfriend's car, and only when she couldn't see it anymore, did she head towards her home.

########

Aidey opened the door to her office. 'Hello.' she said to her Jamie, her co-worker, nodding her head politely. Jamie looked up, and nodded their heads politely as well. Jamie wasn't the best co-worker in the world, but he wasn't the worst either. He was just an average dragon you could normally see on the streets. Aidey walked over to her desk, and sat down. There was already a stack of papers on her desk, waiting to be sorted out and organized. She picked up the one on the very top and looked at it, starting her work.

But Aidey's mind was wandering elsewhere today. Even though she was looking at the paper gripped in her talons, her mind constantly went to Dehious. Now they were officially dates. And she was happy about that.

After flirting with each other for about a month, they were finally dates. Aidey hoped that everything would go well now. She quite liked Dehious, and from what she understood, Dehious liked her as well. She thought of his shiny black hide and how his face lit up when he laughed. She thought of his handsome face and his thin yet muscly body.

Finally, Aidey shook her head to get herself out of the train of thoughts, and once more looked at the piece of paper gripped in her talons. Time to work.

########

The ringing of her phone distracted Aidey from her work. She was almost done now, and was finishing up. She picked up her phone, and looked at the caller. It was Dehious. She quickly answered the call, 'Hey.' Dehious said through the phone.

'Hey, I need to finish my work, and I'm almost finished. Sorry, but I'll call you in a minute, ok?' she said quickly, glancing at Jamie, who was shaking his head and going back to his work. 'Umm...ok.' Dehious said, and Aidey quickly ended the call. 'Sorry.' she said to Jamie, who was looking at her again questioningly. 'It's my date. Apparently he's got something to say.'