•A year•✓

«3RD PERSON POV»
It's been a year since Mia and Jake dating.It hasn't been exactly easy.
Mia's father recently got better and has been scolding Mia about her way of running Grandcomplex.Jake's homicide case has been handed over to federal agencies to handle it,leaving Jake feeling a little bummed out yet felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulder.They both move in together recently,met thier parents. Jake's mom was nice,expect when rogers came in and revealed that his parents are together again.Mia parents weren't exactly the nicest.Mia's mother was pleasent yet demanding.Her father was uptight and rude.Her father didn't like Jake,saying that Jake is the reason why Mia is running her company differently.To put it easier,It didn't end well.

It was summer,the sweltering heat was all over New York.Air conditioning has been cranked up to the chilliest temperature,Jake has been having a pretty chill life,solving cases and whatnot,Mia still wish that she could drop the company.They both were happy.It ended a week later.

*a week later*
"Detective Peralta,my office please."Holt called out.Jake sighs as he make his way towards Holt's office.He gestures Jake to sit down before opening a email and showing it to Jake.Jake's eyes read word for word,eyes widening toward the end.
"No offense sir but a undercover work?I mean I'm grateful that I'm choosen to work it but,"He pauses.Thinking his words wisely."But,I don't think I can sir."he finally added on.Holt sat back,looking at Peralta."Does this concern your girlfriend,Mia Chavez?"Holt ask in his standard monotonous voice."No,No sir."Jake stuttered.Holt rest his hand on the table,looking at Jake straight in his eyes."You see, whenever I get assigned undercover work, which was not common,I always miss Kevin.It's natural to miss your significant other when doing things like this."Jake look at him,wide eyed."Captain,how about you get Santiago on this?She's equally as good."He recommends."I would but she's can't act around a mafia without saying the wrong things.You seem to be the type that is neutral around gangs,I mean you have work with a criminal before."Holt explains.

Jake sigh as he left the room,trying to think of a way to break the news.He figure he just say it,no hesitation,but what if Mia can't cope?I mean,she already got a company and a uptight father on her plate.Jake runs his hand through his hair as he sat down.

"Briefing room in 5"The sarge called out. Detectives,officers,Gina all walk in,they sat down at random seats as Holt take over.

"Santiago, what's the progress on the assault case?"

"Close to completion sir,just some paperwork."
"Good,I have announcement to make."
All eyes shot up, having huge questions marks on their face.

"Detective Peralta will be going on a undercover operations for the next 6 months."He said coldly.All eyes were on him,he played with his thumbs and fingers.Sarge noticed,Holt ended the meeting.

"So undercover huh?"Diaz spoke."I'm kinda jealous not gonna lie."Jake look up from my paperwork,he lifted up en eyebrow in confusion."Well,Rosa's a badass so i thought she might be a better fit for a mafia,but when the mafia do mafia stuff like partying,Jake seems more equipped."Amy spoke up."That's true,Jake once drank 3 whole bottle of beer in under 10 minutes."Boyle smiled.I rolled my eyes as i walked towards the mens,my colleagues was too much.

AN:HI AUTHOR HERE.
just here to say how much this story reads it has gotten,it seriously amazing for my first.Anyways,I just published another book called "Python|Nagisa Shiota", it's base on an anime I just finished and wanted to make a fic up.
on another note,I have NO idea where this book is heading,I just write whenever I got something good.This undercover is based on an episode in the real show.
Anyways,bye and happy reading!