t w o : its not my fault i'm short

t w o: it's not my fault i'm short

-

Isabella's POV

After Rose and I explore and look at different clubs and houses, we decide to get some food. Because I didn't have enough money yet, I declined but she wouldn't leave the spot unless I came with her. So after five minutes of arguing back and forth, we agreed to go to her car and drive to McDonald's or something.

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road. Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go. So make the best of this test, and don't ask why. It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time. It's something unpredictable, but in the end, it's right, I hope you have the time of you're life.

"So take the photographs, and still-frames in your mind. Hang them on a shelf in good health and good time. Tattoo's of memories and dead skin on trial. For what it's worth, it was worth all the while. It's something unpredictable, but in the end, it's right, I hope you have the time of your life." Rose and I sang at the top of our lungs. It felt good having someone who liked the same music as me. Rose was a very bubbly person, always finding something to smile about. I'm not very bubbly and having her in my life would be good for me.

As we whipped past buildings, only one fast food place was open. Wendy's. If I'm being honest they weren't very good, but I was very hungry. "You hungry?" Rose says, parking her car so she can turn her body to face me. I smile politely and shake my head no. Then just as if on cue my stomach grumbles. Ignoring my thoughts. Rose looks at me with one eyebrow raised. I sigh.

"I have no money. Whatsoever. I'm poorer than poor, and I wanted to find a job so I could buy a laptop and start stocking up on food." I say. She gasps dramatically. I'm for sure she's majoring in arts. She'd be a great actor. "Why didn't you tell me, Isabella?" I sigh once again. "Because I didn't want you to not like me." She laughs in my face. "I'd never not like you. The no money is the least of my worries. Looks like I'll be making dinner more often then." She says with a smirk. "Rose I don't want you to buy me food. I'm a grown woman, I have to do it on my own." Once again she laughs. Just not as obnoxious as before.

"I'll just use my 'daddy's credit card' and can buy food for us. I really don't mind." As she says 'daddy's credit card' her voice becomes shrill. As if she's imitating someone. I get taken away from my thoughts by the slam of a car door. "You coming or not?" She yells. I laugh to myself and get out. We walk in and get food. No matter how hard I tried she still bought it. I promised her I'd pay her back one day. Once we were both full, we walked back to her car. But this time coming to a halt. Rose ducks behind me. My body tenses and I freeze, worried something was wrong. I look around the parking lot. I see nothing but our car and two other cars. But then I see there are two guys, standing by one of the cars smoking. I laugh to myself.

"Uh, Rose. Whatcha doing?" I ask. She looks up at me worriedly. "One of the guys over there is my ex. He's been the worst but best out of all of my past relationships. Granite I've had like four, he was still the worst. I really don't want him to see me." She says, quietly, but as if she's scared? What'd that bastard do to her? "Rose. What'd he do to you?" I ask. She looks at me. Guilty crosses her features before she's back to embarrassed. "Things I don't want to talk about." That just angers me more. "Which one is your ex again?" She shakes her head. She was smart too, I hated men who treated women badly. I get super defensive. Her shaking her head would save me trouble, but I'm hardheaded and I don't listen. "Rose come on I just want to see what he looks like." She takes a few seconds before she sighs, falling for my sweet voice.

"The one on the right." And with that, I'm heading into the guys' direction. The one on the left notices me first but doesn't do anything. He looks me up and down, then smiles. I hear slight whispers of Rose telling me to come back. I ignore her. Once I'm face to face with the guy, he finally notices me. He looks up and smirks. He goes to talk but I put my finger up to his mouth. "You see that girl over there?" I motion towards Rose. Luckily she's standing now, but she's just as shaky. For a second he looks at me like I'm dumb. Then he frowns. "She's scared of you. Whatever you did, I hope you got in some type of trouble for it. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect. Even more so when they're a loved one." He nods as he agrees. But I was still pissed and didn't believe him just yet.