Part 1-Stabbed

Viggo's terrible week started in a trader market, where he was docked while his men resupplied the ship. It was in a large village with plenty of dark alleyways to get mugged in, and perhaps he shouldn't have been quite so confident.

"Give me your money or I'll slit your throat" a rough voice, obviously disguised, demanded from behind Viggo. The dragon hunter had sent away his guards, wanting some time alone, and it seemed that the brief whim was backfiring. Still, Vigo laughed, feeling the tip of the attacker's knife trembling against his back.

"Let me guess- this is your first robbery. Am I correct?" The thief said nothing and Viggo took it as a yes. "I am the great dragon hunter Viggo Grimborn, and if you know what's good for you this robbery will end now. I might not even kill you."

The robber hesitated, and Viggo thought he might actually listen. But then he growled, "Can't say I know the name." In an instant his knife was buried in Viggo's shoulder, the robber running in the opposite direction and around a corner, allowing Vigo to only catch a flash of blond hair.

Viggo winced and yanked out the knife, groaning as his blood soaked into the light leather armor he was wearing. The cut was only a couple inches deep and he could still move his arm, so the armor had likely saved him from a serious injury, but it was still frustrating to soil new armor out of combat.

The dragon hunter noted that the knife was a decent one and pocketed it, trudging through the alley in the hopes that he could get back to the ship and quietly take care of this before his crew noticed. As for the idiot who chickened out of taking his purse- well, he had a man for that.