Part 26-Oh Happy Day

Viggo eyed his brother's back as Ryker bustled around their quarters, stuffing food and supplies into a basket. His brother had been spacey and overly exuberant about everything since Viggo had mentioned that he would be stopping the fleet close to come popular vacation beach islands so that the crews could get a break after a hard few weeks of travel.

To Viggo's surprise, Ryker had gone straight to Ola and asked her to take a rest from her ship duties and come to the beach with everyone else. What was even more surprising was that she agreed, and Viggo watched her and Ryker make googly eyes at each other for days afterwards.

Ryker met Ola at the side of the ship, and he helped her out of the smaller rowboat that they took to reach the shore. Viggo almost gagged when their hands stayed linked as they walked up the beach.

It wasn't that he didn't want Ryker to be happy, it was just weird. And Ola was nice, and pretty, and caring. It was just an odd sight after spending so long in battle after battle with no rest in between, only seeing Ola whenever he was half dead, and almost never seeing Ryker with even a smile on his face.

Now, hearing him laugh? Yes it was weird, but it was also felt... good? There was also a tiny sting of loneliness under it all, but Viggo pushed that away, determined to enjoy a good moment without ruining it.

Yeah, it did feel good overall. Viggo even laughed a little at the sight of Ola pushing Ryker into the waves, and him pulling her in a second later, shouting and splashing and having more fun than anyone on Viggo's ship had had in a long time.

"Viggo! Get over here and help me up!" Ryker's cheeks were flushed, and Ola, standing behind him in the waves, couldn't stop giggling as she watched the brothers.

Viggo raised an eyebrow and stopped two feet away, not liking the mischievous glint in Ryker's eye. "Don't even try." Ryker shrugged with a grin, still bobbing in the waves with his hand outstretched. "Come on, just help me up. Please?" Ignoring his sense of danger, Viggo sighed and grabbed his brother's hand.

Before he could react, Ryker flipped Viggo over his head and into the water. Viggo came up spluttering, finding his footing on the sandy bottom. "Oh Thor, you should have seen your face! It was so-

Viggo was on top of Ryker in an instant, dunking him into the water. The brothers came up laughing and choking, then went for it again.

Ola watched a safe distance away, only half concerned that they would drown each other.

Ola was a skilled healer who could live anywhere, so anything she wanted, and yet she stayed with two of the most dangerous men in the whole archipelago. Why?

She watched them disappear into the waves and come back up once again, and she knew the answer. It was that she knew them closer than anyone, and to her, no matter what happened, they would always be her silly, clumsy, wonderful boys.

 *hope you enjoyed, more to come soon! I'm wayyy too into my ship now oh boy*