Part 5-Torture

Viggo Grimborn stood over Dagur's panting form, a huge smile on his face. "Come now, surely you've had enough fun for the day? You only have to tell me where Hiccup is hiding." Dagur spat at his feet and Viggo's grin vanished.

"Tell me why I chose to personally interrogate you." Viggo gripped Dagur's hair, forcing the berserker to look at him. "Don't know don't care, next question." Viggo growled at Dagur's rudeness and released his head before slapping him. "You will tell me what I need to know, or you will die. There is no other option."

Blood ran down Dagur's skin from multiple wounds, and he only groaned when Viggo sank a knife into his arm, leaving it there as he waited for a reply. "There's always a third option. Can't you hear it?" Viggo paused, listening; they were deep in the ship, so there was no more noise than the footsteps of crewmen and the groan of the wood. "What are you talking-"

The world exploded, a shrieking night fury appearing in a giant hole in the side of Viggo's ship. Hiccup entered, followed by Astrid and Heather, whose eyes widened when she saw Dagur's injuries. "We just want Dagur. Give him to me and all of us will leave without destroying any more of your ships."

Viggo grinned and raised his hands. "Fine. He's all yours." As soon as they took a step Viggo seized his knife and buried it in Dagur's hip before retreating.

Cursing his ill luck, Viggo lamented the loss of his favorite ship. Still, Hiccup stayed true to his word and didn't destroy any others. Viggo still tried to shoot him down, but they escaped. To add insult to injury, Viggo saw that Dagur could still ride his dragon, meaning he hadn't done as much damage as he's wanted to. Still, the berserker swayed in his seat and flew close to Heather, who watched him closely.

The day had gone badly, and Viggo hadn't gotten the information- but now he didn't need it- Hiccup was right in his sights, and he would soon be his.