Part 8-Captured

Viggo laughed when Dagur entered the room, watching the redhead fiddle with a blade in a sheath on his side. "Hiccup sent you in because he doesn't have the guts for what has to be done, does he? He knows you do, he knows that you've tortured, killed before. That you'll do it again- that you like it." The knife zoomed across the room, thudding into the wood millimeters from Viggo's face.

Dagur's outstretched hand shook and he quickly lowered it, glaring at Viggo. "I won't argue with you. Hiccup needs to know where you've hidden your dragon eye lenses. You can simply tell me where they are hidden and this will all be over; anything that I do to loosen your tongue will be your own fault."

"Just keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better." Viggo laughed, and he didn't see Dagur's fist until it had connected with his cheekbone. The stocky viking groaned and spat blood from where his teeth had clipped through his tongue at the fist's impact. "This is getting festive now, isn't it? What are you going to do next, punch me in the stomach, cut me perhaps?"

It was Dagur's turn to smile now, and Viggo found his bravado shrinking just a little at the intensity in the other man's eyes. Still, Viggo was bored; Ryker would come for him at any moment, so all that the dragon hunter could do to pass the time was annoy Dagur- even if he was getting just a little intimidating, the berserker was still a dumb little dog.

"Actually, I was thinking something a little more fun. I mean, that's what this is for you, so I wouldn't want to ruin the party." Dagur moved so that Dagur couldn't see him, although he could hear a metallic scraping that made his skin crawl. Then a huge club smashed down on his arm and Viggo gasped, refusing to give Dagur the pleasure of hearing him scream despite his agony.

The limb was possibly broken, but Viggo was optimistic that it was only extremely bruised. "Now, the lenses?" Viggo laughed again, finding it somehow funny that there was blood running down his chin. Boy, he must look a mess. Even so, Viggo could hear someone approaching the room.

Hiccup opened the door, eyes widening slightly when he saw the state Viggo was in. "We just got a message from Ryker, he wants to arrange a trade. He hasn't said anything?" Dagur shook his head and tossed his club aside. "It sounds like we'll get what we want anyway."

When Hiccup had ducked out to prepare the others to fly, Dagur turned and seized Viggo's chin, forcing him to look upwards. "You're right about one thing- I did enjoy it. And you know what?" Dagur pulled Viggo closer, a wild grin stretching his face. "I really don't know what I'd do to you if I wasn't stopped."

The redheaded berserker dropped Viggo's head, letting it fall back against his chair. Dagur strode out of the room, and Viggo could see that his hands shook.