C H A P T E R O N E

Author's Note:

Hindi sa'kin yung characters. The characters are from the historical figures of our country. Hinaluan lang ng imaginative writing. 

And also, if you get to the part of the dance sa chapter na 'to, watch the video attached.

~~~

'Di na bago sa'yo na sinasama ka minsan ni Julian sa dance practice ng dance company ng school n'yo. Hindi ka na nagulat na nakapasok sya agad nung nagcall ng auditions yung dance company. He was a graceful dancer. He knew that dancing was in his blood.

Pinaupo ka n'ya sa sahig next to your bags. "Sure ka na okay lang na hintayin mo 'ko?" he asked. You nodded your head. "Oo naman. Basta ikaw. Tsaka, mas masaya kung may kasama akong umuwi, noh."

He smiled and ruffled your hair. He was called by their trainer and Dolores, or Lory as Julian calls her, arrived. "Bilisan mo na. Konting polish na lang talaga, ready na kayo for the competition."

There was a regional dance competition, and the two of them were chosen for the ballet category. You never doubted Julian's skills. He was amazing, and ballet really was his forte. Pero kahit na ballet yung forte n'yan, he was just as manly as any man out there. You hated the fact that some people would assume na porket ballet ang gustong form of dance, bakla agad.

Bohemian Rhapsody played from the studio's speakers. You were obviously surprised because it was such an unusual song to dance to. But, according to Julian, okay lang naman 'yon. The theme was Recreating The Classics naman daw, kaya 'yon daw ang napili ng trainer nila.

They both were in sync with each other, both look like they were as light as feathers as they twirl and leap. The two had basic training in ballet when they were children, Julian told you before, kaya napakadali na lang if nagpapractice sila. You had goosebumps the whole time, and when the dance ended, you clapped. "Oh, may audience pala kayo," ang sabi ng trainer nila, "Ano sa tingin mo, hija? Pwede na ba for 1st place?"

"Opo naman, sir! Not only the song is one of the greatest classics, your trainees are amazing, too! Pwedeng pwede na talaga!" the trainer clapped, and hugged the two. "Oh, sige. 5 minutes rest, then dalawang run through na lang ulit."

~~~

"'Yon pala si Lory."

You looked up at him. He has this big smile on his face. You two were walking home, the cold October wind hitting your cheeks. The moon was shining brightly, and the stars were beautifully sparkling on the night sky. "Oo, I know her." you replied.

"Alam mo ba, crush na crush ko 'yon ever since nakita ko s'ya don sa studio." He said, still smiling. You've heard this kind of tone in his voice before. You've heard it the first time na nag-collab yung chorale na sinasalihan mo at yung dance company nila, when he walked towards you, and stuck his hand out for you to shake it. "Ako nga pala si Julian, taga-Dance Company ng school natin," ang sabi n'ya noon, with that big smile. You shook his hand and introduced yourself. Ever since that day, you two were inseparable. "Kambal-tuko" nga, 'ika ng mga kasama n'yo both in the Chorale at Dance Company.

"Are you going to make a move on her?" you asked. "Maybe. Siguro after na lang ng competition." he answered. You both stopped at the gate of your dorm. "Oh, see you tomorrow?" he asked habang binubuksan mo yung gate. "Oo naman."