C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

The schedules began to get more packed, at paminsan minsan na lang kayo nagkikita ni Julian. There were no problems about it, since the both of you understood the situation. "Graduating students na kasi, tapos meron pang extra-curricular activities. Okay lang naman 'yon." wika ni Julian. Nasa canteen kayo ng school. The place was packed, since it was lunch time. You sipped your avocado shake then pouted at him. "'Di mo ba 'ko namimiss?" pabiro mong tinanong. Julian chuckled, and pinched your right cheek. "Anong klaseng tanong 'yan ha? Mahal, araw araw akong nasasabik sa iyong presensya." You felt your cheeks heat up, and then you hid behind your hands.

"Yieee! Kinikilig na naman ang bebe ko. Nagstraight Tagalog lang naman ako eh!" biro ni Julian. "Alam mo naman kasi na isa 'yan sa mga weakness ko eh!" Julian pulled down your hands from your face, and you saw him wearing that charming grin on his face. "Ang cute mo talaga. Araw araw kitang namimiss, so pagbigyan mo na 'ko kapag pinapakilig kita. Namimiss ko yung mga reactions mo eh."

Weeks passed, and everything got heavier than usual. Julian couldn't walk you home anymore since the practice became too frequent. "Kailangan daw na maperfect eh," he said. You, on the other hand, had a lot of papers at hand. You started to get stressed as you typed each letter on the papers you were working on. "Dadagdag yang frown lines mo."

You looked up at Joven, who was just sitting calmly in front of you. "Paano bang hindi ako masestress kasi mali mali yung pinagtatype ng kagrupo ko. 'Yan tuloy, ang daming irerevise."

"Kalma lang kasi. Alam kong stressful, pero take breaks din naman. Bumili ka nga do'n muna ng halo-halo, yung tigtetwenty five." Joven placed a 50 peso bill on the table. You sighed as you took the bill, and you were on your way to one of the kiosks in front of the study area.

You don't know if it was just the fatigue creeping in or maybe your imagination working in the most stressful time of your life, but you saw Julian and Lory hanging out on one of the benches, just a few steps away from the kiosks. You want to walk towards them, ask them about their dance routine, or maybe confront what the fuck was actually happening, but you didn't move. Instead, you turned on your heel, and made your way back to where Joven was.

"Oh, nasa'n na halo-halo mo?" tanong ni Joven. Napatigil s'ya sa pagbasa ng papers mo sa laptop mo. "Iniimagine ko lang to siguro, pero nakita ko sina Julian at Lory doon malapit sa kiosks." Joven suddenly flattened his lips, silently thanking the heavens that you didn't notice him do it. "Siguro naguusap lang naman tungkol sa contest." He replied in a low voice. "Siguro nga." You sighed and started to walk away.

"Hoy! Sa'n ka ba pupunta?" pasigaw na tanong ni Joven. "Bibili na lang ako ng kape dito sa vending machine."