C H A P T E R F I V E

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

In case na hindi mo alam ung ages ng magkapatid, Julian is 20 years old in this story, making Goyo 17, and Cinto 14.

((ALSO THAT PART SA CHAPTER 3 NA BINUHAT NI JULIAN SI CINTO, I KNOW MESSED UP SINCE ANDITO NA YUNG AGES HAHAHAH ACTUALLY THE WHOLE CHAPTER THREE IS MESSED UP))

~~~

For the rest of the semester, kasama mo na palagi ang barkada ni Remy. They treated you as their bunso, and you treated them as your ates and kuya, except Joven. He's Vicente's baby.

And for the rest of the semester, you would see Julian following Lory around, carrying her books, her bags, making her laugh, and her laughing to whatever Julian just told her. Your heart ached, because you're slowly losing your best friend, and also because you two were just on that level.

Sembreak na at sa unang araw nito ay agad kang nag-empake.

"Oh," wika ni Remy, "lalayas ka na?" You looked up at Remy, who was obviously fresh from the bathroom. She has a towel hat on her head, and there were droplets of water hanging from her neck. "Tangeks!" you said, throwing a pillow at her. She caught it,and giggled. "Ba't ka kasi nageempake?"

"Niyaya kasi ako ng mama nina Julian na magbakasyon doon, kahit dalawang araw lang."

Remy gave you this look, the very familiar look that said "You have got to be kidding me", and you threw her a look that said "no, I'm not kidding." Remy sighed. "Mag-ingat ka."

You giggled, and pinched her porcelain cheeks. "Oo,naman. Kailan pa ba ako hindi nag-ingat?"

~~~

You got into the bus, 30 minutes after standing in line. You sat near the window, and sighed to yourself. You ignored everyone getting on the bus, and turned the volume of your music all the way up. You closed your eyes, and slowly drifted to sleep

Julian got into the bus, 30 minutes after standing in line. He saw you sitting on one of the seats near the window, but was unlucky because he wanted to sit next to you, but someone has the seat next to you. He sat at the seats at the end of the bus, just seeing the top of your head. He pulled out his phone, and messaged you, hoping that you'll wake up from your sleep. But you didn't move a muscle.

After hours of travel, the bus came into a stop. You awoke to the passengers' shuffling in the bus. You stood up and stretched he sleepiness away. You grabbed your bag, and made your way off the bus. You looked around, and you were surprised the someone tapped you on your shoulder. You turned around, and saw Julian.

"Hey." He said. His smile was still the same. You smiled back. "Hi."

"So, tutuparin mo talaga yung pangako mo kay Cinto?" he asked. "Oo naman, mahal ko yung batang yun eh."

"Eh, kung ganon, sabay na lang tayong pumunta sa bahay."

You both rode the tricycle on the way to their home. Once you arrived, you both got off, and Julian payed for both of your fare. The tricycle left, and you went to ring the doorbell. As usual, si Cinto talaga ang bubukas ng pinto, and upon seeing you and Julian at the gate, tumakbo agad s'ya para tawagin si Tita Feli.

Tita Feli walked out of the door, and to the gate. "Julian, ito na ba ang ipapakilala mo sa'kin?" pabiro n'yang sinabi. "Ay nako, kahit noon pa naman ay gustong gusto ko na 'to para sa'yo." She then went to kiss you on the forehead. "Tita naman, best friends nga lang naman."

You stepped inside, and Cinto ran toward you. "You're here! You kept your promise!" He hugged your waist, and you hugged him back. "Oo naman." You kissed the top of his head. Goyo came down from upstairs, and gave you a hug. "Marami  tayong paguusapan." He whispered.