C H A P T E R N I N E

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I'm so sorry talaga for the slow update! Naging sobrang busy kasi ako sa finals week namin. I'll be updating the story on TTh na, since i'm free from school. Sembreak na po kasi. So here's Chapter Nine, and enjoy!

~~~

"Ha?? Julian, nagjojoke ka ba?"

You tried to laugh it off, pero you were obviously red. You started pacing. "Julian? Nagjojoke ka ba?"

"Hindi ako nagjojoke, totoo nga."

"Julian, magbestfriends tayo!"

"Oo nga, pero let me explain!"

You stopped pacing, and you faced him. The light of the streetlight kissed his skin. It made you swoon internally. "Kahit nung una pa lang, I knew you were my type." he said.

"Your type?"

"Yes, I knew you'd be that girl na maipapakilala ko sa parents ko, na alam ko na mamahalin ka talaga nila and they'd like you for me. Pero this whole time akala ko lang kasi magbestfriends lang tayo. The way you supported me and how you talk to me and everything! Akala ko bestfriends lang talaga. Not until I knew."

"Paano mo nalaman?" You asked.

"Nung nalasing ka." He answered.

Nalasing? Kelan ba ako nalasing? Sinubukan mong maalala kung kelan ka ba nalasing. And then it hit you.

Sa bahay ng mga del PIlar!

"OH MY GOD!" You crouched down, and held your head. "Oh my God! Sinabi ko ba? Binuking ko sarili ko? Oh my God! Julian! Oh my God!"

Julian laughed, and crouched down in front of you. "Relax, relax. Alam ko din na alam ni Goyo."

You looked at him with teary eyes. "Julian. Nahihiya ako sayo! Yun pa talaga yung time na broken ka dahil ka-" Julian laid a finger on your lips to shush you. "Tapos na yun. Tsaka, if you're not ready with all the attention that I'm giving you, it's okay..."

"Julian, no, I'm-"

"Kasi, I'll still pour all of my attention to you. I want us to work. I know it will kasi we are so in sync with each other."

You sighed. "What if hindi? What if... what if rebound mo 'ko??" you said, panicking again. "Ayokong maging rebound, Julian. Please lang."

Julian laughed. "Hindi ka rebound! You're too precious para maging rebound lang." You slapped his forearm, and frowned. "Jules naman eh, walang ganyanan."

"Pero, I'm sorry ha..."

"For what, Jules?"

"I'm sorry kung naging manhid ako."

This is all so new to you. Hindi mo alam kung paano ito magwowork. You've dreamed about this for a long time, and now na andito na nga yung moment na 'yon, hindi mo alam kung anong gagawin. Lumakad na kayo papunta sa dorm mo, and you faces him. "Good night." you said.

"Good night." he said back, a small smile plastered in his face. "Don't worry, it'll be fine. I'll wait until you're ready with all this. Pero I'll still be here, doing the things I should've done to you." he kissed your forehead, and he waited until you closed the door behind you.

He walked back to his dorm, and called Goyo. "Oh, Kuya? Kamusta?"

"She knows na." He said casually.

"And?"

"And I guess she isn't really ready yet. Parang nabigla sya when I told her."

"Eh, give it time kuya. She loves you, like she genuinely does."

~~~

"Goyo, pick up the phone!"

Ilang beses mo nang dinial ang number ni Goyo, pero busy. She needs to talk to him, kung ano ba talaga ang nangyari. Sa last try, sumagot na s'ya.

"Hi! Kamusta?"

"GOYO! ALAM NA PALA NI JULIAN! SA TIME PA TALAGA NA BROKEN S'YA KAY LORY! YUNG TIME NA LASING PA TALAGA AKO! ANONG GAGAWIN KO GREGORIO, ANO?"

Goyo laughed at the other line. "Kalma, kalma. Hindi naman to agad-agad na manyayari. He had done his thinking during the sembreak. He's fine, he has moved on. He realized na what he's been looking for is right in front of him. Matagal ka naman daw n'yang gusto." You groaned. "Spokesperson ka ba n'ya?"

"Hindi, pero that's what he said. Iba ang gawi at mga mata ni Kuya kung nagsasabi s'ya ng totoo, and what he said was definitely true." Goyo said. You sighed. "Biglaan kasi."

"Alam mo, keep it calm. You'll get used to it." Goyo said, chuckling at the end. You whined, and lied down on your bed. "I dreamed of this to happen for a long time, Goyo. Hindi ko lang talaga inexpect na mangyayari to agad."

"Just take time..."

~~~

You woke up to the sound of your phone. Hindi alarm, kundi tawag. You checked the caller ID, and saw Julian's picture on the screen. "Hello?"

"I know it's late, and I'm sorry to wake you up. I just miss your voice." His voice was soft, like he was whispering into your ear. You giggled, and lied back down. "Grabe naman 'to. It's like... the early hour of the first day of your courtship."

"So... Okay na sa'yo na icocourt kita?" His teasing tone made you smile widely. "Yes, payag na 'ko. Nabigla lang talaga kasi ako sa'yo. Hindi ko inexpect na ganon na pala."

"I'll treat you better than any one who has ever loved you. I swear." He said.

And with that you got terrified.